Introduction

Options
Hello, my name is rparker3, I am 52, a mother and a grandmother. I have been dealing with weight issues all of my life it seems, the family joke is that once my tonsils were removed at 11 I didn't stop growing. I was 5'9" by 12/13. Looking back at pictures I was not overweight until I had my first baby at 20. I felt like i could finally not worry about my weight and I gained something like 70 pounds. Needless to say my baby did not weight 50 pounds, haha, so for the last 32 years i have been battling my weight and winning some battles but not the war.:smile:

Replies

• jinna86
    jinna86 Posts: 93
    Options
    I'll add you! I've been struggling with my weight for over a decade, but now, I just want to stop fighting myself and focus on long term goals and well being. In other words, I do want to lose weight, but it'll be a symptom of a healthier life rather than an end in and of itself :smile:
  • HikeThatMountain
    Options
    Hi rparker, I'm Melanie and 58 y-r-o, would love to have another friend. I also have been overweight pretty much my whole life, but have been changing that over the past year and don't ever plan to go back there, feel free to add me if you like.