30day shred Jillian Michaels

Options
I've recently started doing the 30 day shred every day and I love it but I don't feel like it's enough cardio or strength training, but I'm so tired after that it's hard to do something else. Tomorrow my mom wants to go to gym which means I have to go to (she won't go without me and she needs it). What should I focus on cardio or strength training I spend about an hour after the gym. I should note that I will be doing the 30 day shred in the morning and then I have softball practice from 3-5 and will be working out from 5:30-6:30. Also what's you favorite thing to do in the gym.

Replies

• dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Lift some weights :-)

I love 30DS by the way but after many times of doing in two years, I got bored. I go back and forth with Stronglifts 5x5 and New Rules of Lifting for Women. Some days I just feel like running or playing soccers. Depends on my mood.
  • __Roxy__
    __Roxy__ Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I just started 30DS too, and I love it too! When I go to the gym I will still do a little bit of both - cardio and strength. It sounds like you will get some cardio at softball practice, but see how you feel after. You could just use the gym time for yoga & stretching if you are too tired for more cardio/weights. If you do decide to do some strength training, try to use different muscles than what you worked during the video. Amazing job on all the exercise!
  • Mandi98U
    Mandi98U Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • Sophsmother
    Sophsmother Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Isn't 30 day shred for people who are already somewhat in shape? I've been looking for a JM dvd for someone who is 70lbs overweight and sedentary. I'm looking for something for an absolute beginner. Any ideas?
  • MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Isn't 30 day shred for people who are already somewhat in shape? I've been looking for a JM dvd for someone who is 70lbs overweight and sedentary. I'm looking for something for an absolute beginner. Any ideas?

Jillian MIchaels for Beginners