How Does Your Garden Grow?

larrodarro
larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
I figured MFP could use a garden thread. And my memory isn't what it used to be, and this is easier than me keeping a journal of what I plant when. Please feel free to add your gardening adventures.

Larro

I put my first seeds in soil on 2-9-15.

p2qcs3uaomzf.jpg

Then had my first sprouts on 2-15-15.

hl8dfneg6apy.jpg

Replies

• larrodarro
    edited March 2015
    On 3-8-15 I planted sugar snap peas, three kinds of green beans and acorn squash in the garden. {also purple and yellow onions} Bad Word was helping me decide which seeds to plant next.

rzbwedbrltum.jpg
  • larrodarro
    The pepper and tomato sprouts were big enough to transplant into cups on 3-9-15. By 3-18-15, hoping the frost was past, I put a few trays of them outside.

53qoyq5xuvo4.jpg

• larrodarro
    edited March 2015
    On 3-24-15 Bad Word and I used recycled hay string to rig up something for the sugar snap peas to run on.

1unuaoaywfyn.jpg

I used my 1LP {Larro Powered} push plow to work the beans and squash.

4oxb0gbgkq3i.jpg
    5hrvdh08zqnn.jpg

• larrodarro
    Today I planted cucumbers, pink eyed purple hull peas, sweet corn, watermelons, Asian pole beans and field corn planted together, and cucumbers from Iraq. Got a nice steady rain after I planted.

f0alg453apnr.jpg
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Why did I think this thread would be dirty, and I don't mean the soil o.o
  • larrodarro
    Sinistrous wrote: »
    Why did I think this thread would be dirty, and I don't mean the soil o.o

Sorry to disappoint.
  • larrodarro
    If there is anyone looking at this, sorry I have been so lax in posting. Lots going on. Squash and green beans have making pretty good for a couple of weeks. Cucumbers just now producing. Picked one tomato. Bells and Jalapeno are a day or two from being ready. Field corn starting to tassel.

r2vom1mdagmc.jpg
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,407 Member
    Fantastic. At different times, I've done cucumbers, bell peppers, tomatoes, green onions and corn. It was a lot of work and a lot of joy. But I worried a lot, fussing over them.

This summer, I'll probably just do strawberries in hanging baskets, store bought, ready to hang and water.

• larrodarro
    CJ, it is a lot work, that is for sure. I some times think I'm crazy for planting so big a garden. But I do enjoy it.

I got some of the younger tomato plants tied up this morning. We had a wind storm a couple of nights ago that laid some of them down.

09dppc069w97.jpg