Want abs!!!

Options
Hi everyone! Working hard to get a great beach body this summer! Any advice on how to get a defined stomach would be stellar :)

Replies

• Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
  • brian_farmpd
    brian_farmpd Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi stephanie! I am doing the same thing!! I am finding that diet and exercise is they key, high protein and low carb will help burn off the lower stomach and combine that with weighted ab crunches, cable ab curls- it's going to take several weeks to months to see great results but consistency with diet and exercise will get you to where you want to be. Good luck!!!
  • stephaniejsharp
    stephaniejsharp Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I am keeping it right at 1200 or less meaningful calories a day :) I am down to 100 lbs and don't want to lose any more weight. Know of any exercise moves that work better than others?
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    You will lose more weight at 1200 calories...Are you quite short?
  • stephaniejsharp
    Options
    Yes, I am 5'2 :)
  • arditarose
    edited March 2015
    Options
  • arditarose
    Options
  • stephaniejsharp
    Options
    Thanks lady!
  • BrentJulius
    BrentJulius Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Everyone has abs! ... But your body fat determines if you can see them or not. If you have pretty built up stomach muscles you can see them at a little higher Body fat. For a woman if you get down to 20 or below bf % you will start seeing serious definition, you will have I very firm stomach starting at about 22%. That's why diet and exercise are important so that when they start to show they are also nicely built.
  • arditarose
    Options
    Everyone has abs! ... But your body fat determines if you can see them or not. If you have pretty built up stomach muscles you can see them at a little higher Body fat. For a woman if you get down to 20 or below bf % you will start seeing serious definition, you will have I very firm stomach starting at about 22%. That's why diet and exercise are important so that when they start to show they are also nicely built.

She is already underweight.
  • arditarose
    Options

She is already underweight.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    you're 5' 2" and 100 lbs??

start lifting heavy.
  • stephaniejsharp
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the insight..and yes I have started lifting pretty heavy for about 3 weeks now and I'm already seeing results. Just have to be patient.
  • mandychowx
    mandychowx Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Keeping working hard at getting that low body fat :) Some female show abs at 18% while others wont show til 10% :(
  • stephaniejsharp
    Options
    I know girl :( seeing results slowly but surely but it's hard being patient!
  • strozman
    strozman Posts: 2,623 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    So you already know your body fat % determines if you have a great set of abs. If you want a killer (and i mean brutal) ab workout try http://anabolicminds.com/forum/content/12-minute-fix-6662/

Feel free to add me if you'd like
  • stephaniejsharp
    Options
    Added and thanks for the workout..be checking it out tomorrow!
  • mandychowx
    mandychowx Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    You have the determination, just keep going with the exercise and diet :*
  • strozman
    strozman Posts: 2,623 Member
    Options
    Added and thanks for the workout..be checking it out tomorrow!

It's tough and it's meant to be completed at the end of a workout. Thanks for the add
  • stephaniejsharp
    Options
    sx33dmb9jb2c.jpg
    Thanks for all the support :) bc this is totally me right now! Haha jk