Low calorie meals

Options
anyone have an yummy and filling homemade dishes that are under 300 calories?

Replies

• Jmgkamp
    Jmgkamp Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I really am into Flatout pizzas. Flatout makes wraps, I get the light wheat (90 calories) topped with: 61 g pizza sauce (35 cal), 28 g 2% mozzarella (80 cal) baby spinach (8 cal), mushrooms (25 cal), turkey pepperoni (35 cal), and anything else to get me to 250-300. The pizza winds up bring the size of a large dinner plate. I pre-heat the oven to 400, spray both sides lightly with Pam, bake for 5-6 minutes on vented pizza pan, take out - flip over - top, bake for another 5-6 minutes or until cheese is melted.

Flatout has tons of fiber and tastes like a great thin crust pizza. It's really, really filling and easy.

• Ameythist
    Ameythist Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites, and super easy:

1lb ground turkey
    1 cup chopped onion
    1 cup diced carrots
    1 medium head of green cabbage

Spray a big pot with pam no cook spray, and then add the ground turkey (I like to add a lot of pepper to mine). When the turkey is about halfway browned I add in my onions and carrots. After the turkey is fully browned then add your chopped up cabbage. Finally, put about 2-3 cups of water in as well and stir. Place a lid over it, stirring every so often, and let cook on medium for about 20-30 min (until carrots and cabbage are tender). Salt to taste.

This makes 3 (2 cup) servings at 273 calories each. Very filling and very yummy! It stores very well, and honestly I think it tastes even better reheated after sitting in the fridge with flavors mixing for a day or two.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    anyone have an yummy and filling homemade dishes that are under 300 calories?

Have you looked in the mfp blog?
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    There's a recipe section here where I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for.