Advocare 24 Day Challenge??

Options
JaymersL
JaymersL Posts: 24 Member
edited March 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Heyyyooohhh!
Alright, so I am looking for some people who have tried the Advocare 24 Day Challenge. Thoughts? Feedback on it? Just looking to hear some personal experiences.

Replies

• misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    The only thing it will challenge is your bank balance.

Why do people fall for these scams? Food is all you need.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Search function. It's your friend.
  • SarahV1984
    SarahV1984 Posts: 1 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I personally LOVE the 24 Day Challenge. I have had great results with it and feel that it is worth the money.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    $190.25? Good gracious!
  • hartmamp
    hartmamp Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    The meal replacement shakes sold by Advocare are by far the best tasting/easiest protein powder-type product I've ever used. But they're $$$$$. I'm currently on the hunt for a more affordable alternative.

Otherwise, there is nothing the 24 Day Challenge offers that you can't do on your own for free.
  • beachhouse758
    beachhouse758 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    hartmamp wrote: »
    The meal replacement shakes sold by Advocare are by far the best tasting/easiest protein powder-type product I've ever used. But they're $$$$$. I'm currently on the hunt for a more affordable alternative.

Otherwise, there is nothing the 24 Day Challenge offers that you can't do on your own for free.

For a great tasting protein powder that costs a lot less, try BSN Syntha-6. (I think I sound like a commercial)
    The 2.9 lb. bottle has 28 servings for around $30 (so, about a dollar per serving - and you can even get better value with the bigger bottles of it)
    It has 22 grams of protein and 5 grams of fibers.
    It tastes fantastic. I got my mom the Strawberry Milkshake flavor and she says she looks forward to it like it's a treat.
    If you want to make it a meal replacement, you can always add things, like flax, chia seeds, frozen fruit, Goji berries etc..
    They have flavors like Chocolate Cake Batter, Cookies & Cream, Chocolate Peanut Butter, Orange Smoothie...

Hope this helps.

• MissMissle
    MissMissle Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    It is SUPER expensive! But Im actually starting it this Thursday.... Im not ashamed.... though I don't really tell anyone except my BF and these people on MFP because i can hide behind my computer screen. The first time i did it (April of last year) I lost 12 pounds in the 24 days. Since then I lost 20 more, but gained about 15 back in the last 2 months because i remeverted back to come emotional binge eating. I like the program.... and by program... I mean the product, I dont talk to a coach or anything.... anyway, I shelled out almost $200 for some shakes and energy drinks and stuff that helps me poop and I will lose weight. I could have shelled out the same amount of money, if not more, to deal with my emotional eating issues again but thats way too time consuming and I just ...dont have time for it! Its all in how you perceive it - you can lose weight without Advocare - their 24 day challenge comes with a pretty good diet plan and if you follow that without any of the supplements Im sure you will be just as sucessful - if you want PM me and i will even send you a copy of it in PDF. I just really like Spark, and i really like the protein shakes, and i figued why the hell not do another challenge, its kinda fun, even with the $$$ attached to it... but... the supplements are not necessary for weight loss. Ive definetly spent over $200, maybe double that, in the last month alone on candy ive been binging on...so for me...spending $200 on this is 100% worth it.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    MissMissle wrote: »
    It is SUPER expensive! But Im actually starting it this Thursday.... Im not ashamed.... though I don't really tell anyone except my BF and these people on MFP because i can hide behind my computer screen. The first time i did it (April of last year) I lost 12 pounds in the 24 days. Since then I lost 20 more, but gained about 15 back in the last 2 months because i remeverted back to come emotional binge eating. I like the program.... and by program... I mean the product, I dont talk to a coach or anything.... anyway, I shelled out almost $200 for some shakes and energy drinks and stuff that helps me poop and I will lose weight. I could have shelled out the same amount of money, if not more, to deal with my emotional eating issues again but thats way too time consuming and I just ...dont have time for it! Its all in how you perceive it - you can lose weight without Advocare - their 24 day challenge comes with a pretty good diet plan and if you follow that without any of the supplements Im sure you will be just as sucessful - if you want PM me and i will even send you a copy of it in PDF. I just really like Spark, and i really like the protein shakes, and i figued why the hell not do another challenge, its kinda fun, even with the $$$ attached to it... but... the supplements are not necessary for weight loss. Ive definetly spent over $200, maybe double that, in the last month alone on candy ive been binging on...so for me...spending $200 on this is 100% worth it.

$200-$400 a month on candy? You have a bigger problem here.
  • MissMissle
    Options
    right. Hence the therapy sessions I was refering to.

Right, hence the therapy sessions I was refering to....
  • WeddedBliss1992
    WeddedBliss1992 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    JaymersL wrote: »
    Heyyyooohhh!
    Alright, so I am looking for some people who have tried the Advocare 24 Day Challenge. Thoughts? Feedback on it? Just looking to hear some personal experiences.
    my friend sells it so i got trapped into it. i got constipated BAD. (and my other friend did, too) i initially lost a couple of pounds but gained it all back at the end of the approximate 2 weeks i did it. i just couldn't complete the full 24 days. FWIW, i still use the Spark energy, i like that product, but the challenge was awful for me. :neutral:
  • cosmonew
    cosmonew Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    i am on it now...expensive, restrictions, lots of supplements. personally its more of a business than a diet. i would suggest do the advocare diet following the food model only and use reg supplements like vitamins and fish oil... see how that works.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

But if you don't fix the emotional deeper problems you're just going to continue to emotionally eat and revert back to your old habits and gain the weight back. It reminds me of the old saying "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, teach a man how to fish and he eats for a lifetime" if you spend the money to help the inner you the outer you will follow :)

• SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    So I actually did the 24-Day Challenge with a friend.

Before I wised up and did research on nutrition, I fell into the shiny-new-toy trap of Advocare, forked over a few hundred dollars and participated in the 24-Day-Challenge. Hey, if Drew Brees pimps that crap out, why wouldn't it work? (Coming from a Cheesehead, I understand how odd the previous sentence can be).

Hell yes...I was going to do the *kitten* out of this challenge. I was going to lose weight. I was going to be svelte and awesome and kickass and stuff.

Sure I lost some weight, but since I was eating total crap beforehand and not really working out, any change in my diet would have resulted in weight loss (newb gainz!).

I'm raising my hand and admitting that I was once one of those naive fools who fell into the "OMG YOU NEED TO CLEANSE THE TOXINS!!!!" trap. But then I read a book, talked to some people, realized that I was so completely lost and was just following on the heels of the pretty pictures of Instagram and Pinterest and the sad, overpromising claims of products.

And the first 10 days of the Advocare challenge is a "cleanse". Which you can save yourself some money on and either not do a cleanse because they're just a buzzword to make uninformed people all excited and feel like they're doing something good for their bodies... or you can buy a lot of Metamucil. A lot.

Again...cleanses aren't necessary. The only time you need to detox is if you're binging on meth and booger sugar. And then you've got way more issues than MFP can help you solve.

The following 14-days consist of taking horse-pills that I honestly have no idea what they were doing for my body, eating low-fat, high protein foods with tons of veggies, and practically mainlining Advocare Spark (i.e. *kitten* pre-workout) on the daily.

My recommendation: buy a food scale, do a bit of research on nutrition and save yourself the hundreds of dollars you're going to spend on the challenge. If you like the idea of having a meal plan and a structured program, there are TONS of free meal-plans and workout guides online.

Honestly, I could have spent that money on some new workout gear, a massage, an extra car note, or the underwater MP3 player that I'm currently drooling over (long distance swims get boring).

TL;DR: I spent too much money on the Advocare Challenge. I wised up and learned that there are no such things as detoxes and cleanses. Now I eat real food and spend my money on other things... like hookers and blow.

Just kidding about the hookers and blow.

Kinda.
  • MissMissle
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

But if you don't fix the emotional deeper problems you're just going to continue to emotionally eat and revert back to your old habits and gain the weight back. It reminds me of the old saying "Give a man a fish and he eats for a day, teach a man how to fish and he eats for a lifetime" if you spend the money to help the inner you the outer you will follow :)

Agreed :-) But, for me, personally, paying for therapy sessions wasted my precious free time, which caused me to stress eat, which caused me to gain weight. Ive had better luck just coming here everyday and logging my food. I allowed myself to stop doing that for a couple months...and the closet eating commences. now Im back on track. MPF is free! Advocare is just a bonus that i dont mind spending the money on - better that than jellybeans I say!
  • MelRC117
    MelRC117 Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    I have tried it in the past (just bought the bare bones) and really, its the meal plan of why you're losing weight. If you want help planning on what to eat, it might help you get in the habit, but you don't need to buy the product to get that.
    I DO love Spark and my husband now drinks that instead of Monsters. If I could afford probiotics daily, I did find a difference taking those after a year + of issues after having my son. Other than that, the supplements don't "boost metabolism" or "clean toxins".

• hnm921
    hnm921 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    hartmamp wrote: »

I love Tera's Whey. The dark chocolate is yummy!
  • melloneill16
    melloneill16 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear so many people did not have success on Advocare...Its the only thing that keeps me on track....I love the Spark, rehydrate, 24 DC, omega, and O2 gold. these are my go to products. But I wish you success in whatever you do!
  • JaymersL
    JaymersL Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the opinions! I tried the spark and I do actually like that, so I did buy it. I decided to not to the 24 day challenge though, due mostly to the cost, but also I don't think I can give up having some drinks for almost a month, haha
  • s2mikey
    s2mikey Posts: 146 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    JaymersL wrote: »
    Heyyyooohhh!
    my friend sells it so i got trapped into it. i got constipated BAD. (and my other friend did, too) i initially lost a couple of pounds but gained it all back at the end of the approximate 2 weeks i did it. i just couldn't complete the full 24 days. FWIW, i still use the Spark energy, i like that product, but the challenge was awful for me. :neutral:

Its a sham. Any of those "deals" or programs that require you to buy stuff from them is very often a sham. What works is the "starvation" diet that they put you on. It has nothing to do with their untested and snake-oil based products.

Its the same thing as those "Pass a drug test" formulas that have you drinking 50 gallons of water before the test: Its the WATER INTAKE that will help you possibly pass the drug test, NOT the "secret formula" or whatever.

Sensible dieting, a few cheat meals, staying active..... THERE is your "advocare" for free ;)

• FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    gd these threads never stop coming :confounded: