Any advice would be great!

Options
am looking to lose some weight. Well we all seeing we are here. But any-who I am a miner and drive a haul truck for 12 hrs a day and then still have 2 hours of driving from work and to work. So I started off by putting more apples and carrots and so on in my lunch but when I get bored siting in my truck I get hungry is there any hunger suppress out there that can help me sick to 3 meals and 2 snacks aday? And it sucks I work night shifts and I was told eating after 9pm is bad for you is this true? Again thank you for reading and any help would be great thanks!

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,634 Member
    Options
    Eating is usually habitual. Part of lifestyle change is changing your habits. It sucks, but it's part of the process.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • kindrabbit
    kindrabbit Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    If you're in the truck for that many hours you are the only one in control of what you eat so I think planning and packing your meals is going to be your answer. The best thing to cure hunger is food so the carrot sticks etc are great. If I were you I'd have a look at other peoples diary's, perhaps even go into the starting out board and ask for friends who eat packet lunches and can share their suggestions. I eat in my car occasionally when I am short of time and usually go for a home made roll, packet of low calorie crisps, a bottle of water and a protein bar.

In my experience, as time goes on and your stomachs expectations lower you wont get as hungry :)
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Damn I would get bored on apples and carrots every day

Meal prepare - pick calorie counted foods that you can eat as meals / snack on - but food you like and is portable - no reason you can't have a lovely huge sandwich made out of calorie counted and chips - just portion them out

also drink more

Stop your truck and take walking breaks - I'm sure you can't be expected to drive nonstop

and no - meal timing doesn't matter
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    As it seems you have limited opportunity to exercise (people do find the time), then as said above it seemsyou have to take control of the amount you eat. Having apples and carrots is fine, but it will not work unless you make sure the overall amount of calories you consume is less and put you in a deficit.

Weigh and log your food for a few weeks so you cna understand hpw much you are eating and then start to adjust, so you can eat a healthier and less calorific diet. As you have identified if you have that constant hunger feeling then lots of low calorie snacks or regular small meals would seem the way to go.