how much weight to shift my muffin top?

Options
I need a target feelin a bit lost
but my mum said I should aim to lose my muffin belly first so how much should my target be
barney.jpg

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    doesn't work like that

fat comes off where it comes off

eat at a calorie defecit to lose body fat
    follow a progressive heavy lifting programme to preserve as much muscle as possible

and smile and nod at your mum
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Aren't muffin tops normally caused more by trousers being too tight? Just buy some bigger trousers.

But as rabbitjb said, you just have to lose weight and wait and see where it goes from. If you want some way to find a target, you could try going to http://www.mybodygallery.com/ and having a look at different weights for your height on there and seeing what look you like most, but know that people can look wildly different at the same weight depending on things like body structure and body fat %.
  • Merci4u
    Merci4u Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I agree that muffin tops are a factor of the clothes you wear. A friend of mine works in a jeans shop and she said everyone gets muffin tops regardless of size if the clothes don't fit right.

Regarding targeting areas, when you diet you cannot control where the fat comes/goes from. It depends on your body type/genetics. You could try doing targeted exercises but realisticly, you could have the flattest abs ever but if you have a layer of fat over them no one would be able to see them.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I tend to agree with DemoraFairy that muffin tops are due to clothes that don't fit right. If you're concerned about looks, buy bigger clothes. As for losing fat, the places with the most will stick around the longest.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    What are your stats? It's possible a body recomp may work better than losing.
  • nogutsnoglory7
    nogutsnoglory7 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    doesn't work like that

fat comes off where it comes off

eat at a calorie defecit to lose body fat
    follow a progressive heavy lifting programme to preserve as much muscle as possible

and smile and nod at your mum

this
  • kittyd7015
    kittyd7015 Posts: 4,546 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    What are your stats? It's possible a body recomp may work better than losing.

whats a recomp? xxx
  • flissy5
    flissy5 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    If you're talking about how much to notice a difference, for me it was around the 10lb mark that I started see a difference. But as everyone else had said it might not go from the bits that you want it to go from.
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    As much as it takes.
  • kittyd7015
    Options
    As much as it takes.
    great answer hun :-(
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Every pound you lose will diminish your muffin, I know it did mine :smile: ps you don't seem to have much of one anyway. :smile:
  • kittyd7015
    Options
    Every pound you lose will diminish your muffin, I know it did mine :smile: ps you don't seem to have much of one anyway. :smile:
    aw ty hun but its stil annoyin
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I lost weight from my face, collarbones, back and wrists before my tummy podge started shifting! The one place I was eager to lose it from was the last place to start moving :disappointed:
    Reduce your calories, do some exercise and above all have some patience :#
    Oh and FTR I only have a few kgs left to lose and my belly is nearly flat, but if my jeans are too tight I still have a muffin top :wink: