Not losing weight even after good diet and a lot of exercise

Options
13»

Replies

• Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    How long do you spend on the elliptical to burn 1000 calories? 3 hours?! I have to be running a 9 minute mile for an entire hour to burn 500 calories on the treadmill (per my HRM) and I know I don't work half as hard when I'm on the elliptical.

I gave up the elliptical years ago, I did have to use one recently because the power went off in my gym for over 4 hours and I was already there so I had to work out and I could only use an elliptical... It was such a worthless workout to me.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,084 Member
    Options

If you are not losing weight over a reasonable period of time, then it is due to one or more of the following:
    1. You are eating more than you think
    2. You are exercising less than you think
    3. You have miscalculated your calorie allowance and set it too high
    4. You have a medical condition interfering with the equation.

It is NOT due to too many carbs, not detoxing or anything else that does not fall into one of above.
    1 and 2 seem most likely, 3 less likely and 4 most unlikely.
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Hi there. Guys the best thing about keto is that you dont really need to exercise. Firs i use keto with intermintent fasting (IT) and High intensity interval trainning (HIIT). One of the problems of not loosing the weigh expected might be because you are not giving your body chance to eliminate those fats and toxins. How best to do so..true urine...so my advice to you drink a lot of water.Between 3-4 liters/day... Another thing..the problem is not the intake of calories but what and how you eat.you may need to lower your carb more...remember that some people even without consuming any carbs their bodies already stores theem for couple of days...so might reduce carbs to 0 for 2-3 days and then start with 5-10% carbs 15-20% protein and 80-75% fat..make sure adds up to a 100%.if you are not strict with this and you not plan your food..you may never reach that sweet point of loosing weight like a fat burning machine...good luck !
    WHAT
    NO
    STOP
    Also the Op is a VEGETARIAN.

• threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    coyhaven wrote: »
    You might need a good nutritional cleanse...when we lose fat we need to cleanse and get rid of the toxins or the fat will come back...I take a cleanse drink at nite it help a lot now at 65lbs lost....yeah me!
    NO. JUST NO.
    Utter nonsense.