New & looking to connect with others who have Invisible Disabilities

Options
Hello everyone!! My name is Melanie & I need to lose about 130 lbs. ugh!! I have several Invisible Disabilities including Occipital Neuralgia, several herniated & bulging discs, severe Osteoarthritis, and many more. It's hard to lose weight at all but extremely hard when you are limited in what physical activities you can do. I would love to find some others on here who understand that struggle so that we can support, encourage & empathize with each other.

Replies

• felicia2686
    felicia2686 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    MelanieBenz, I too suffer from ON, so I know a little of what you are going through. Hope you have found some success in your weight loss since this post in March.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Hi Melanie - Welcome :)
    It's good to see you here and well done for taking that first step in changing your life.

As for the exercise, don't worry about it too much right now. Concentrate on getting your food and calorie deficit in place and the weight will come off. Further down the line, when you feel able - you may decide to introduce light exercise, but it isn't essential. You can still meet your goals.

Wishing you the best of luck here.