Need encuragement

My name is Gayle I have a lot of stress in my life. Lost a son at Xmas got cancer. Husband not well. I my last chance to lose weight 85 pounds I have Parkinsons. Exercise is tough for me. I have trouble with breakfast not hungry. This is my last chance to lose weight. I have tried every known diet. Any suggestions how to exercise? I been on thyroid meds since I was 21 I am now 75 every 6 months I get a blood test, Any suggestions? Thanks for listening.

Replies

• urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    edited March 2015
    Breathe, take walks, breathe....

Yoga or strechted and balanced classes help me with stress and overall health.

Bless you!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    So let's not diet this time. MFP works on the principle of calorie deficit (consume less than you burn). For the first few weeks get used to logging all your food. That will give you an idea how many calories you are consuming now.

Then make changes to reduce your daily calorie intake, say, by 100 calories a day. That will put you in a deficit and you are golden.

If your habit is a late breakfast, then stay with that. Habit change is hard and small changes are more sustainable.

For exercise also, slowly adding more activity helps. Walking reduces stress as well as being very good for you. Could you incorporate, say, a twenty minute walk in to your day?
  • KingsGirl4
    KingsGirl4 Posts: 152 Member
    First, I commend you for making the effort to join a community and opening up about your lifestyle. Consistently stay involved here and we will all get through together :)

Definitely start logging your food and you will be conscious of what you are putting in your body. Naturally, you will start to make better choices in what you eat. Once you get that habit of logging, you can start to make bigger calorie deficits.

Walking really is the best exercise (and the best for relieving stress!). If you have pain, pool workouts are really fun and low impact.

Best of luck!