Lower Belly Fat

Options
I have a bunch of lower belly fat which I never had when I was younger and overweight (I was not overweight as a child/teen, but late teens/early 20's I gained.) I've had multiple surgeries that used similar incisions to that of a C-section (hip to hip in the lower abdomen) and I've seen some women say they developed that flab after their C-sections, but I don't know if that's actually the cause; in fact, I doubt it, I'm more inclined to believe it's because I gained tons of weight and as I got older my fat distribution changed. As I've lost weight (a little more than 50 pounds so far, about 30 from my goal weight) it's shrunk but not in proportion to the rest of my body. I know as I loose it will shrink more, but I'd like to hear if anyone had the same fat distribution and had it go away entirely at their goal weight. I'm just starting to get worried it will always be there to an extent =/
Also, I do an assortment of abdominal exercises 5 days a week. Since my muscles have been cut so many times down there they are incredibly weak. I used to be able to do tons of sit ups and it has been a struggle to build up those muscles again. Any suggestion of exercises that have worked well for you to strengthen those muscles would be greatly appreciated as well!