Coconut butter?

Options
so I had this grand idea of making a healthy piña colada cookie using coconut butter. I was going to take a simple peanut butter cookie recipe and use it as my guide. Does anyone know if coconut butter would be a good 1:1 substitute for the peanut butter?

Replies

• urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    :p I have no idea but that sounds like it could be very tasty. I love coconut! Good luck and let me know how they come out.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    ooooh that sounds delish if it works! Hit us back up with results!
  • miriamtob
    miriamtob Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I loooove coconut butter! I buy it by the gallon. I think it would work in those cookies instead of peanut butter, but make sure you add in extra coconut oil because the oil goes all to the top of every coconut butter I've ever tried and the rest is pretty dry, so it might make the cookies dry.
  • jangus9416
    jangus9416 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I had some difficulty with the batter, but the cookies are currently in the oven! Will update soon!
  • wkwebby
    wkwebby Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't think so because the coconut butter doesn't have much of a coconut taste especially when it is heated. When it is cooled down, it smells of coconut, but doesn't taste like it. Good luck though!
  • jangus9416
    jangus9416 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    The coconut butter worked out fine in the recipe and the cookies had really good flavor. The texture, however, was terrible. I only used coconut flour and I think that was a mistake. I'm going to have to experiment some more and post a complete recipe