Need Some No Veggie Recipes

Options
2»

Replies

• Sandcastles61
    Sandcastles61 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    My youngest son had an aversion to any type of veggies so I definitely hid them in everything. Always in the meatballs or the marinara sauce, meatloaf ....If you put veggies in soups, either cream or broth based, cook it until the veggies are soft then throw it in the blender or use an immersion blender and it whirls them into oblivion for you and you just end up with a thicker soup. Then add your chicken (protein) or noodles or rice.

Good luck... It's tough and I haven't thought about having to do it for years, I'll try to think of some other ways.
  • toreybellavance
    toreybellavance Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks so much for all the good recipes! I would have never thought of half of these especially the organic baby food, my daughter eats it but I would never have thought to use it myself! Sorry it took me so long to get back to you all!
  • MrsA10001
    MrsA10001 Posts: 39 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    We like chicken and rice in our house
    dice up chicken place in baking dish pour minute rice over it until dish is about halfway full. Cream/mix together 1 big can cream of chicken 1 cup milk 1 block cream cheese sometimes we add in dry ranch packet pour over top bake covered at 350 for 40-60mins until chicken is cooked all the way through

Wow that actually sounds really good! I will have to give it a whirl and see how I like it! Thanks for your input it is much appreciated!

@toreybellavance WOW! Can you imagine how many calories, fat, cholesterol, sodium ... is in that recipe? DUDE! Why not see a nutritionist to help you plan your meals ... WOW!
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    OP I was a super picky eater as a kid, no veggies at all other than potatoes, and corn (which are the least veggie of the vegetables!). I started eating a few as I got older because it was easier to eat some than to constantly explain to people that I didn't eat any vegetables. I still don't care for broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms and tomatoes, among others.

People gave you some good suggestions on how to "hide" the veggies which I think is a good way to start. I would also continue to try new things, different preparations really can have different flavors, for example roasting veggies makes them a lot sweeter. Carrots for example, taste almost like candy. Butternut squash with butter and brown sugar is really good too.

One of my favorite recipes that does include veggies but if you really hate it up could omit them. In a 9x13 baking dish in vertical rows arrange cubed potatoes, boneless chicken breasts, and then fresh green beans. Then sprinkle a packet of good season italian dressing mix and then pour a stick of melted butter over the whole thing. Bake for 45 min at 375 degrees. Even my kids ate this one.

• NotQuiteNorm
    NotQuiteNorm Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    This may be an idea - this is the full fat version, but eating 2 of the 23 was so filling. I also like to sometimes use this recipe as a pizza base by cooking (either way it's about 10-15 mins at 180 fan oven) then putting on herbs and tomato paste, the dreaded veg - tomatoes, sweetcorn, and then some lean chicken, turkey or ham with just a little low fat cheese on top. You could skip the tomatoes and sweetcorn - even the paste if you really dislike all veg!

ia4mc0qgs7xx.png
  • ChaseAlder
    ChaseAlder Posts: 804 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Try the cookbook called Deceptively Delicious. It's by Jessica Seinfeld (Jerry Seinfeld's wife). She makes all kinds of foods with blended vegetables hidden in them. It's intended for sneaky moms to feed their veggiephobe kids, but it works on husbands, too. Not that I'd know :wink:
  • toreybellavance
    Options
    Cornmuffin wrote: »
    Try the cookbook called Deceptively Delicious. It's by Jessica Seinfeld (Jerry Seinfeld's wife). She makes all kinds of foods with blended vegetables hidden in them. It's intended for sneaky moms to feed their veggiephobe kids, but it works on husbands, too. Not that I'd know :wink:

Haha that is brilliant that's Two suggestions I have gotten for this book now I will have to hunt it down thanks! And I totally use my husband as a guinea pig for all my new healthy recipes!
  • toreybellavance
    Options
    This may be an idea - this is the full fat version, but eating 2 of the 23 was so filling. I also like to sometimes use this recipe as a pizza base by cooking (either way it's about 10-15 mins at 180 fan oven) then putting on herbs and tomato paste, the dreaded veg - tomatoes, sweetcorn, and then some lean chicken, turkey or ham with just a little low fat cheese on top. You could skip the tomatoes and sweetcorn - even the paste if you really dislike all veg!

ia4mc0qgs7xx.png

Oooh that would make a delicious pizza!! Thank you!
  • toreybellavance
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    OP I was a super picky eater as a kid, no veggies at all other than potatoes, and corn (which are the least veggie of the vegetables!). I started eating a few as I got older because it was easier to eat some than to constantly explain to people that I didn't eat any vegetables. I still don't care for broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms and tomatoes, among others.

People gave you some good suggestions on how to "hide" the veggies which I think is a good way to start. I would also continue to try new things, different preparations really can have different flavors, for example roasting veggies makes them a lot sweeter. Carrots for example, taste almost like candy. Butternut squash with butter and brown sugar is really good too.

One of my favorite recipes that does include veggies but if you really hate it up could omit them. In a 9x13 baking dish in vertical rows arrange cubed potatoes, boneless chicken breasts, and then fresh green beans. Then sprinkle a packet of good season italian dressing mix and then pour a stick of melted butter over the whole thing. Bake for 45 min at 375 degrees. Even my kids ate this one.

I think if I can hide them or even find a way to make them taste better I would be OK its just the texture and the taste that gags me out lol but thank you for not only the recipe but advice it is much appreciated!
  • jamesharris0649
    Options
    lmbecker12 wrote: »
    My husband is anti-veggie....A few things we do that he likes...
    Turkey tenderloin either grilled or baked. Low calories, low fat

Smart bites potatoes. They are baby reds or baby yukon gold potatoes usually. Low calorie and taste great if you cut them in half and grill them or bake them with just a touch of olive oil and seasoning. They also come in microwaveable bags which is great for a fast meal.

Chicken tacos (we cook chicken and mix in taco seasoning as normal) put on low-carb tortillas with lettuce, FF cheddar cheese and low-fat sour cream. Also tastes good as a salad over a bed of lettuce and use salsa for the dressing.

If you are looking for good but not necessarily healthy we do Beef Stroganoff or Itailian Slow Cooker Chicken.

Beef Strognaoff:
    1-2 lbs ground beef, browned, drained if needed
    1 Tbsp minced garlic
    2 cans cream of mushroom soup
    8 oz. Sour Cream
    1/2-3/4 c. milk
    1 pkg Egg noodles cooked
    Salt/pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients. Enjoy

Itailian Slow Cooker Chicken:
    3-4 chicken breasts raw
    2 cans cream of chicken soup
    1 8 oz pkg cream cheese, cubed
    1 pkg dry itailan seasoning
    Place chicken in bottom of crock pot. Add remaining ingredients. Cook on low 6-8 hrs. Shred chicken and serve over rice or noodles.

Hope this helps a bit!
    Lisa