How to you loose weight with no friends?

Options
2»

Replies

• rosaly400
    rosaly400 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I don't have friends either. Feel free to hit me up whenever! :D
  • dechelonian
    dechelonian Posts: 29 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    My girlfriend, who is the only one I ever talk to about my weight loss (I'm still about 50lbs away from my goal, mind you) motivates me but I really don't need it. You need to do this for yourself, there is people that will cheer you up and others that... well, lets say its better to lose them along with the weight, so you need to do this for yourself, if you are not convinced you want to do this yourself nothing anyone would tell you matters!
  • rhoadscd8813
    Options
    Anyone can add me!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I found people who are going through the same thing I am going through and they are a great support but for most of this enterprise I've been on my own. I have my dietitian with whom I am accountable, and my hubby has watched my ups and downs with amused interest, but it's me.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    You have to own your state of health, you will succeed or fail on your own efforts, and it shouldn't have anything to do with friends.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,688 Member
    Options
    102333vr wrote: »
    The lack of friends, supporting friends, gets me a bit down and turn to comfort food because of that. What should i do? :\
    Just to be clear, having/not having friends doesn't predicate how you control your diet. People being creatures of habit, will continue with habits (bad or good) unless they change them. So you just have to learn better habits about eating. If you get down, don't turn to food, but find something else. For some it's a hobby. For others it's exercise. And for others it's reading and obtaining knowledge.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• MinxyNZ
    MinxyNZ Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like! Let's support each other :)
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    No friends - then you have a lot of time to be working out, finding fun fitness activities, doing food prep, etc. With friends I find there to be a lot of food centered activities.

I don't know where you live, but if you have Meet Up near you - great place to find people to do stuff with. I found a group for active ladies that do outdoor activities like walking, hiking, kayaking, etc... Gets me out being social and is great exercise.