Water weight?

I'm really confused because I can't seem to lose the 7 pounds of water weight that i'm holding on to. I'm naturally 120 and I went to buffalo wild wings last saturday for my cousins birthday we had appetizers, dinner, dessert. I ate a lot, and shot up to 127. Usually this weight goes down in like 3 days.. well it hasn't. On Sunday I drank two gallons of water. Monday still weighed 127. I went back to drinking 4 bottles of water everyday, I workout everyday for 2 hours. 1 hour is lifting, one hour is cardio. I burned about 600-1000 calories a day this week at the gym, I have a heart rate monitor so that's how I know. I ate healthy and stayed within my calorie limit, so I don't get it. Why isn't this weight going away?

Replies

• kandeye
    kandeye Posts: 216 Member
    Is it nearing ToM? I just lost the 7 pounds of water weight I carried all week because of ToM. If it is water weight nothing to worry about.
  • ohheyyitsrenee
    ohheyyitsrenee Posts: 111 Member
    edited March 2015
    I think it is, the thing is, I went off my birth control in january so I don't know the usual signs and symptoms of a period because I've been on it for 4 years. But I hope that's the case because I'm going insane. I'm a short person so like any weight shows ya know? It just sucks.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    I think it is, the thing is, I went off my birth control in january so I don't know the usual signs and symptoms of a period because I've been on it for 4 years. But I hope that's the case because I'm going insane.

Pregnant?
  • hhnkhl
    hhnkhl Posts: 231 Member
    Water retention can last up to more than 2 weeks.
  • BeTheChange352
    BeTheChange352 Posts: 253 Member
    are you getting enough sleep? if I don't get at least 7 hours of good quality sleep I retain water like crazy.
  • Kkonowal
    Kkonowal Posts: 97 Member
    Any chance you could be preggo?
  • ohheyyitsrenee
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    I think it is, the thing is, I went off my birth control in january so I don't know the usual signs and symptoms of a period because I've been on it for 4 years. But I hope that's the case because I'm going insane.

Pregnant?

Nope, just kept forgetting to take it. So I went off it!
  • ohheyyitsrenee
    hhnkhl wrote: »
    Water retention can last up to more than 2 weeks.
    It usually goes away so fast for me though and with the amount of exercise I do it doesn't make sense
  • ohheyyitsrenee
    Kkonowal wrote: »
    Any chance you could be preggo?
    Not a chance I promise!
  • ohheyyitsrenee
    are you getting enough sleep? if I don't get at least 7 hours of good quality sleep I retain water like crazy.
    Good question, my sleep has been off lately.

• Liftng4Lis

Pregnant?

New exercise routine?
  • ohheyyitsrenee

Pregnant?

New exercise routine?

Yes, I started a brand new more intense one this week. Could that be it?
  • futuremanda
    futuremanda Posts: 816 Member

Pregnant?

New exercise routine?

Yep!
  • Liftng4Lis

Pregnant?

New exercise routine?

There you have it!
  • ohheyyitsrenee
    edited March 2015

Pregnant?

New exercise routine?

There you have it!

how long will it take for my body to adjust to this routine?
  • SophiaSerrao
    SophiaSerrao Posts: 234 Member

Pregnant?

New exercise routine?

There you have it!

how long will it take for my body to adjust to this routine?

yeah, how long does this usually take?? :smiley: