Joining Gym, support needed!!!

Options
kazhomuhsin
kazhomuhsin Posts: 12 Member
edited March 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi all,

In the past 6 months, I was on a healthy diet and I have lost over 20 kilos. However, diet alone has been very tiring and frustrating. So, I have made the decision of joinIng gym from tomorrow. However, I have been to the gym couple of times before and each time I stop going after a week or two.
I don't want to repeat what happened before. I would really like some tips about how to stay motivated and how to not give up on this decision like the previous times.

Replies

• jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Why did you stop going? What motivated you to join in the first place. Ultimately, it's up to you to want to go, to want to see progress.

You have to want to improve more than you want to be lazy. It's really that simple.
  • canary_girl
    canary_girl Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    For me, I have to have access to classes. If I was just going to run on the treadmill I'd get super bored. I like having the energy of a lot of people around. Then make some friends in the class and keep each other accountable by expecting each other to be there. Find something you love. For me, it's spin class and lifting. I couldn't imagine not going.