A cheat day or one cheat meal?

Options
Is a cheat meal considered a cheat only if you to over your macros or calories for a day? Or can you still cheat a couple of times a week if you stay within your calories? I have several cheats over the coarse of a weekend and usually stay within my daily calories. I just increased my calories this week and am on maintenance mode, so I don't want to gain back what I have lost.

Thanks

Replies

• CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    What do you mean by cheating if you aren't going over your daily caloric allotment?
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    IIFIYM
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    To me, a cheat meal is going over calories (or in my case, sodium) otherwise it's not much of a cheat.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Who or what are you cheating?

• onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    Balance is key. You can go over some days and under on other days when you are maintaining.
  • LiveOnceBeHappy
    LiveOnceBeHappy Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Ya, I don't know what a cheat is if it's not over on calories. :-)
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I try having a cheat meal on the weekends (a meal that takes up a disproportionate number of my calories and puts me over) but I mentally can't handle it and have to go walk it off.
  • jenniferjohnsonament
    jenniferjohnsonament Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I would do a cheat meal while losing...I was on 1200 calories and this would put me between 1200-1600 normally.
    If you are on maintenance....you're eating more to a range of calories and I don't know that a cheat meal or day would be that necessary.
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    If you are in it to win it, you don't ever cheat. If you want to eat something and it is within your allotted calories, eat it. I am not a cheater. I am a winner.
  • DoneWorking
    DoneWorking Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I do a cheat day only if I lose weight that week. If you're gonna do a cheat day, you shouldn't go over what your maintenance calorie limits would be for that day. I lost 61 pounds that way a couple of years ago. Though I've only been back a couple of weeks or so, I've lost 5 pounds already, even with a cheat day.
  • be_here_now
    be_here_now Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I don't "cheat". If it fits within my macros, I eat it. If it doesn't fit in my macros, I find a way to adapt it to where it does. I occasionally go over my suggested caloric intake, but usually only by 10-20 calories on the days that it happens. *shrug*
  • Taniab43
    Taniab43 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    Who or what are you cheating?
    Funny! Lol.. Food, I'm cheat with my food!
  • Taniab43
    Options
    CrabNebula wrote: »
    What do you mean by cheating if you aren't going over your daily caloric allotment?

Thanks! I just thought if you are eating something that isn't hat great for your body, then it's considered a cheat. But it seems it's just about calories here.

• Taniab43
    Options
    I don't "cheat". If it fits within my macros, I eat it. If it doesn't fit in my macros, I find a way to adapt it to where it does. I occasionally go over my suggested caloric intake, but usually only by 10-20 calories on the days that it happens. *shrug*

Thanks, makes sense!

• Taniab43
    Options
    4theking wrote: »
    If you are in it to win it, you don't ever cheat. If you want to eat something and it is within your allotted calories, eat it. I am not a cheater. I am a winner.
    I am for sure in it to win it! Cheats in my opinion are a must to keep you happy. But that just me, everyone is different.
  • Taniab43
    Options
    I do a cheat day only if I lose weight that week. If you're gonna do a cheat day, you shouldn't go over what your maintenance calorie limits would be for that day. I lost 61 pounds that way a couple of years ago. Though I've only been back a couple of weeks or so, I've lost 5 pounds already, even with a cheat day.
    Thanks, this awesome! Congrats! Keep up the good work!
  • Taniab43
    Options
    I would do a cheat meal while losing...I was on 1200 calories and this would put me between 1200-1600 normally.
    If you are on maintenance....you're eating more to a range of calories and I don't know that a cheat meal or day would be that necessary.

Yes, a large cheat that puts me over my macros doesn't happen very often. Thanks:)

• Taniab43
    Options
    I try having a cheat meal on the weekends (a meal that takes up a disproportionate number of my calories and puts me over) but I mentally can't handle it and have to go walk it off.

I always feel bad too, and do some extra cardio! Thanks
  • Taniab43
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    To me, a cheat meal is going over calories (or in my case, sodium) otherwise it's not much of a cheat.

Thanks

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »

This. So there's no such thing as a cheat meal for me.