What's a good weight loss supplement

Options
2»

Replies

• PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    They pretty much all have caffeine as the active ingredient. They will either work for a brief period, give you explosive diarrhea, make your heart explode, or all three. The odds are not good. You could always go the Rx route if you like jitteriness, irritability, paranoia, oily flatulence, etc...
  • littled1986
    littled1986 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    They pretty much all have caffeine as the active ingredient. They will either work for a brief period, give you explosive diarrhea, make your heart explode, or all three. The odds are not good. You could always go the Rx route if you like jitteriness, irritability, paranoia, oily flatulence, etc...

Lmao @ "oily flatulence"! But yes agreed. Hard work, dedication, and determination are the only things needed. Oh and tracking calories, of course.
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    aimeerace wrote: »
    Celery. That's where it's at. ;)

Bleh! I hate celery :neutral_face:

I think I'm perhaps the ONLY person in the world who likes celery ha ha!
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    The only supplement I take is a women's multivitamin. Weight loss supplements will only help you lose money. Some of them have dangerous side effects.

Eat at a calorie deficit, move more, and you'll lose weight.
  • kikichewie
    kikichewie Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Protein, if you need it in concentrated form to get enough into your diet. When I'm having a low protein day and can't stomach the idea of eating more meat, eggs or cottage cheese, I will have a shake with protein powder. Especially if my carbs are high, I will make it with water instead of fruit and/or milk. I find it very useful for hitting my macros at the end of the day sometimes.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

Nope I love celery too!!
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    itistara wrote: »
    A good answer to my question would be helpful. Lol

You have gotten many great answers! There is no magical ingredient that takes weight off. Even if something might have a placebo effect and have you eat less for a week or two, you STILL have to teach yourself how to make dietary lifestyle changes for weight loss to continue and keep it off when you reach your goal.

There is a lot of FREE help here and people really do like to see people succeed.

It's easy if you figure out your calorie deficit with MFP'S help and then stick to it. :)
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I'll just chime in with the others: Patience and dedication.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

Nope I love celery too!!

Me three! Especially dipped in peanut butter! Not bad dipped in salsa either if you want something with less calories.

To the OP, the only supplements shown to be helpful in losing weight (just like general health) are multi vitamins, extra water, and extra fiber. Individuals may need additional supplements like some of the B vitamins, Vitamin D, Iron, etc. but that is on a case by case basis.

My daily Quest bar is my diet supplement. Lots of protein and lots of fiber in a tasty purse size snack (well, a couple flavors aren't too tasty).

• Jgasmic
    Jgasmic Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, I think people already have an answer in mind when they ask a question and only that answer is acceptable. Any and all other responses are wrong, mean, unhelpful, etc. I don't get it.
  • Marianne802
    Marianne802 Posts: 91 Member
    Options

I think the consensus is there is no such thing. If there was such a wonder drug we'd all be trim taught and terrific, and the MFP forums would be pretty quiet.
  • adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Options

You exercise and eat right? So why do you need to add pills to the mix? Keep up the good work you''re currently doing. It may be slow but it will see you through to the end and help you maintain when you're where you want to be,
  • angelgreathouse9
    angelgreathouse9 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    LOVE THESE ANSWERS!!! we are all on here with common goals... health & fitness... all natural is the way to go, a pill will stop working once you stop taking it. good luck with your journey ;)
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    I supplement my weight loss efforts with Hershey's Kisses. ;) Since I work them in to still be a calorie deficit at the end of the day, I'm losing weight...28 lbs. so far. It's the perfect weight-loss plan, I highly recommend it. ;)

In order to keep your metabolism kick-started and avoid starvation mode, I recommend alternating the Kisses with Breyer's Blasts ice cream should you experience a weight loss slow-down.