Has anyone else done waist training or is currently doing it?

Options
So a girlfriend of mine posted a before and after pic of her "waist training" on FB. She is also in the process of weight loss. It was very dramatic and she said that she had lost 3 inches in her waist in a week! She sent me more pics and it was amazing! Apparently, you apply the "fat burning" gel and then put on your waist cincher or corset. I ordered the gel and waist cincher but was wondering if anyone else was doing this also?

Replies

• Leana088
    Leana088 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    No.

I would prefer to not damage my organs and bones by squishing them together.

I'm 21, and I would like them to preferably still function correctly for the next 80 years of my life...

Honestly, are you even aware of how dangerous those stuff are?
  • brittanystonecypher
    brittanystonecypher Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Leana088 wrote: »
    No.

I would prefer to not damage my organs and bones by squishing them together.

I'm 21, and I would like them to preferably still function correctly for the next 80 years of my life...

Honestly, are you even aware of how dangerous those stuff are?

I did my research before purchasing it. I purchased the latex waist cincher not a steel bone corset. They are 2 completely different things. The cincher is for burning extra stomach fat and is mostly worn during workouts. A corset is what reshapes you.
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I dont believe in the 'miracle' of shedding fat from your stomach by wearing a corset, but I think it will help keep flat back for certain moves when working out. I'm doing insanity, and there's a bunch of moves where he says 'flat back; don't round your back'.
  • brittanystonecypher
    brittanystonecypher Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    It is suppose to improve posture. I have had 3 children and have the dreaded "mommie pouch" on my lower stomach along with those dreaded stretch marks. I worked out regularly and still had the mommie pouch at 117 lbs and a size 2. The latex cincher is just suppose to draw out any excess water weight around your stomach area. I'm hoping the gel helps lighten some of the stretch marks. I have read tons of reviews and YouTube videos and a lot of women have had success in reducing their mommie pouches. If nothing else, I'll have some jam up shapewear lol. But once again, it's a cincher not a corset. It does not lace in the back and you don't actually use these to reshape your mid section. I am actually quite content with my natural shape and am not going for "hour glass" figure. I would just like a smoother, pre baby stomach.