Do you log Yoga

Options
I'm starting Yoga today. Went to Target and got a mat/belt/block/DVD set for 30 bucks! I want to start at home before I go and make a fool of myself in a class!

I noticed the calories on Yoga are pretty low-I am assuming because it is a toning/strength/stretch thing. I am trying to eat back most exercise calories but I am wondering if not to even bother with the cal. burned from Yoga. Do most people log? This will be very easy Yoga, not a intense class.

Replies

• Mrsallen6_11
    Mrsallen6_11 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I do yes, because in my opinion exercise is exercise no matter how big or small the calorie burn is.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Depends what kinda yoga it is. If I do a tough 75 min vinyasa class I'll log it as 150-200, but if its very slow and lots of stretching I wouldnt bother
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    I do
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I do- it's 45 minutes- and includes squats and is a more "dancer" version of yoga. Plus I don't log calories- I just log exercise- all of it's 1 calorie- its' more for tracking than anything else.
  • esnowb
    esnowb Posts: 1
    Options
    I log it--but I try and be "under" versus over. I don't want to give myself too many extra calories! :)
  • incognitocity
    incognitocity Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    i do, not bc of calories burned but I use MFP as a general tracker for where I was mentally and physically in this fitness journey, yoga, to me is a supplement to HIIT and weight training
  • LovelyIvy466
    LovelyIvy466 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I log it, first because I like an accurate picture of my total activity level, and second because it just is a nice feeling to see your workout time numbers go up!