Little bit confused with amount of calories for bulking?

Options
I'm starting SL5x5 tomorrow (again), when I previously did it, I was in a caloric deficit. But I want to bulk, so I need to be in a caloric surplus. I'm not sure how many calories I should be consuming though?

Stats;
  • height: 5ft 7
  • weight: 146.6lb

Am I correct in thinking that I add 500 or so to my TDEE?

Replies

• lucygoesrawr
    lucygoesrawr Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Am I correct in thinking that I add 500 or so to my TDEE?
    Yep :)
  • vfit10
    vfit10 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    250 to 500
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    Yes, and you should read the sticky at the top of this forum that MrM posted. It has all the information you need to get started.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Yes, and you should read the sticky at the top of this forum that MrM posted. It has all the information you need to get started.

Yeah, it was my bad. Read the stickies just after the first response to this thread.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options

Yeah, it was my bad. Read the stickies just after the first response to this thread.

I think my response was a little more terse than I meant it to be actually. Was just making that suggestion since it's a great resource. Good luck on your bulk.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options

I think my response was a little more terse than I meant it to be actually. Was just making that suggestion since it's a great resource. Good luck on your bulk.

It did feel a little bit intimidating, but I guess you can't tell over text, thanks :D