you can do side bends or sit ups but please don't lose that butt..

fishshark
fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
ok that was ridiculous... haha! Even when I was fit I have had some what of a butt and was blessed with quite the Italian hips. I am afraid however that when I start losing some weight that my butt (which got a LOT bigger since gaining 20 lbs) will just disappear. I know like spot training is impossible and I can't choose where I loose my weight. (i carry 90% of my weight in my thighs hips and butt) does anyone have suggestions to try and keep my butt and maybe just replace the fat with some nice muscle? I am hoping that maybe since i am capable of growing a butt i can also grow a big ol muscle butt? haha.

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    I swear I'm not stalking you...

You can't just replace the fat with muscle. You can lose fat, or gain muscle-along with fat. You can also lose fat, and work to maintain as much muscle as possible as you lose.

Anyway, the fat will fall from where it wants. My hips went from 44 inches to 38 inches. I plan on getting my body fat % down far enough, then bulking and trying to build it back up.
  • benjam2421
    benjam2421 Posts: 24 Member
    squat, sumo dead lift
    glute bridges
  • fishshark
    arditarose wrote: »
    I swear I'm not stalking you...

You can't just replace the fat with muscle. You can lose fat, or gain muscle-along with fat. You can also lose fat, and work to maintain as much muscle as possible as you lose.

Anyway, the fat will fall from where it wants. My hips went from 44 inches to 38 inches. I plan on getting my body fat % down far enough, then bulking and trying to build it back up.

the place i don't mind having a little fat haha
  • fishshark
    benjam2421 wrote: »
    squat, sumo dead lift
    glute bridges

thank you! I actually just learned how to do these with proper form I'm excited.
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    benjam2421 wrote: »
    squat, sumo dead lift
    glute bridges

+1

Funny story. I used to have a pancake butt. For the last 2 years or so, I've been lifting heavy--including squats, deadlifts, lunges, glute bridges with a weight plate on my hips. I have a butt now, it's not huge, but it's there.

At my job (I work fast food) we are constantly accidentally running into each other. But lately I've noticed that probably 75% of the crew and managers have accidentally touched my butt! I'm starting to wonder if it's bigger than. I thought...

• Plie (or sumo) squats for booty. Bridge, hip thrusts, deads, weighted donkey kicks, and get your fanny up and down some serious hills =)

• itsmeGennie
    itsmeGennie Posts: 39 Member
    You can't replace fat with muscle. When you lose fat, it shrinks your fat cells (you must have a lot in your butt, genetically) and your muscles get bigger. Not exactly replacement
  • fishshark
    Plie (or sumo) squats for booty. Bridge, hip thrusts, deads, weighted donkey kicyks, and get your fanny up and down some serious hills =)

thank u! so helpful