Spinach or Kale?

Options
2»

Replies

• BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Thankfully, I have a Vitamix and it pretty much takes care of things like kale. That said, I regularly mix kale and baby spinach with any green smoothie I make. Sometimes I load it up and sip it through the morning and count it as breakfast and lunch, other times, I just use it for a pick-me-up. Greens always make me feel better. Wish I liked kale chips....but I don't....*sniff*

It took awhile to get used to the texture of kale, and before I had my Vitamix, my regular blender just DID NOT cut it. Several times I ended up with a textured kale leaf stuck on the roof of my mouth.....gross. I find that the more greens I have, in general, the better I feel - so I am looking for more stuff to do with it!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    If you want vitamin and mineral bang for your buck, go for watercress.
    I've used both kale and spinach in my smoothies and I can't taste either, but I've only ever added 25g of each. Plus I add a lot of other ingredients which may have masked their taste...
  • upgradeddiddy
    upgradeddiddy Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Spinach I think is slightly more flexible to cook with while I've only found a few decent pairs and things to mix with kale but I could be wrong. Only been using kale for 8 months on and off now just to see what I can do with it.