New and looking for friends

Options
lydian8
lydian8 Posts: 39 Member
Hi,

I'm a 43 year old woman and started at 361. I have lost 36 but I want to be at 180. (I'm built like a linebacker so this is a healty goal for me.). I have been an emotional eater all my life. I started using food like a drug to cope with a pretty bad family. Then bad went to worse when I got sick in my 20s and through prolonged steroids, ballooned to the 360s. The steroids are long gone but the weight always seems to go back to those highs. I'm married and have a pretty good life these days. I'm just not so young anymore and this weight is pretty much killing me. It is only by an act of God that I'm not diabetic, but there's high blood pressure and fatty liver etc. I work with professionals on the emotional stuff, but I could use friends as I do this change. I know this is a complete change. It's not dieting for me, but I'm a little scared and could use fellow travelers to help me on this journey. I'll do my best to reciprocate.

Lenore

Replies

• tab0423
    tab0423 Posts: 32
    Options
    Hi Lenore,

You can add me, the more support we give each other, the more successful we can be.
  • mlrodgers381
    mlrodgers381 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hi Lenore,

I just turned 45 and I too am an emotional eater. Like you, this journey has been hard for me too!! Trying very hard to change my ways. Eat healthier, exercise, vitamins, etc... Also could use some friends. Feel free to add. :happy:
  • moretrees
    moretrees Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi Lenore,

I had to laugh at your comment about being built like a linebacker bc at 5'9" I *think* my goal is around 185. I don't think I could get less than that but it's been so long since I've been anywhere close, I don't know.

Anyway, I'm 48 and also an emotional eater and trying to unlearn the habit of using food to cope with a challenging past. Feel free to add me.

And great job on the weight loss so far!
  • dadion
    dadion Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome to the fitnesspal program. I have been on the program for about a year and a half. I had great success and then fell off and now am back on track. I too need assisstance and drive from friends but will do my best to help motivate you in any way possible. I lost 38 lbs and then fell and broke my foot and have eaten poorly and put about 15 on so this summer I am going back at it. I too will try and follow you and give encouragement. I know how hard those first 30 pounds were to lose and I know how great you must have felt. Just keep thinking about how that made you feel and it will just keep getting better and better. I am so happy that you are doing this for yourself before your health suffers. You deserve this gift for you.