What's the best tasting fast-food salad?

Options
Yesterday, I was out with the family and we stopped at a Wendy's for dinner. I got the Apple Pecan Chicken Salad without pecans and really enjoyed it. It had a nice mix of flavors and was tasty. In the past I've eaten and liked McDonald's Southwestern Grilled Chicken salad. I don't normally eat fast-food, but when I do, I like to try whatever new salads are out there.

Do you have one you like/would recommend?

Replies

• tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    I like that Wendy's salad too.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    My favorite two are wendys BBQ ranch chicken salad and Chickfilas Asian salad.
  • coryrood
    coryrood Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Make sure you check your salads calories. Restaurant salads are notorious for being high calorie salads (some have nearly as many as their burger counterparts) if at all possible ask for the dressing on the side and use half or less.
  • Sassy_xo
    Sassy_xo Posts: 44
    Options
    Like someone above me said, always make sure you check nutrition info! Some fast food and even restaurant salads have enough calories for your whole day and are sometimes actually higher in fat than a burger due to the dressings, cheese, and croutons they tend to load them with!

A really good one I know if is the grilled chicken salad at Jack in the Box (the whole salad even with dressing, croutons, and cheese is only 320 calories and has 29 grams of protein!)

• lcooper327
    lcooper327 Posts: 112 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I don't necessarily count chipotle as fast food. But amazing salads. And you can make it as big or small as you want.
  • MindySaysWhaaat
    MindySaysWhaaat Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    My favorite fast food salad when I used to eat them more often was McDonald's Southwest salad. The salad itself is 340 calories, and if you add the creamy southwest dressing it bumps it up to 460 calories.
  • cajuntank
    cajuntank Posts: 924 Member
    Options
    I eat the grilled market salad from Chic-Fil-A just about every other day. That, along with half a pack of their Asian sesame dressing, granola, and nuts packets they provide, it's about 425 calories.
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Panera Bread, Poppy seed, grilled chicken and strawberry salad is great... But is way too high in carbs.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Pret-a-Manger makes the best tasting fast food salads, IMO.
  • jvt63
    jvt63 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Oh man...Moes is the only way to go. I order the Close Talker with steak and guac, grilled onions and peppers, no crispy bowl, cheese or dressing, and use the green salsa as the dressing. http://www.moes.com/food/menu/salads/
  • burnsgene42
    burnsgene42 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    BK's Double Bacon cheeseburger salad with a side of buns and fries washed down with sugar free coke is one of my favorites. (;
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    I really like Chick Fil A's side salad and marketside salad, anything from Saladworks (my go-to salad is the chicken Caesar with light Caesar dressing), Panera's classic salad, Starbuck's zesty chicken and black bean salad and hearty veggie and brown rice salad, pretty much any salad that fits within my macros. :heart_eyes:
  • LovelyIvy466
    LovelyIvy466 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Panera Thai chicken salad, no wontons, half the dressing. Delicious! In the summer, they have a salad with chicken, strawberries, blueberries, oranges and poppyseed dressing that is possibly my favorite fast food item of all time.
  • kimlight2
    kimlight2 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I love Subway's double chicken chopped salad because I can pick what veggies I want in it. Chipotle salad with out the dressing is a close second for the same reason.
  • tracie_minus100
    tracie_minus100 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Does Wendy's still have the Strawberry Fields salad? I loved that one, minus the bleu cheese.
  • NotAResolution
    NotAResolution Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    kimlight2 wrote: »
    I love Subway's double chicken chopped salad because I can pick what veggies I want in it. Chipotle salad with out the dressing is a close second for the same reason.
    I tried to eat Salads at Subway, but they always taste like a sub. I love eating there for breakfast, but that's actually the only meal I eat there. I've never tried a Chipotle salad, I've always done the burrito bowls and ate them for two meals.
    jvt63 wrote: »
    Oh man...Moes is the only way to go. I order the Close Talker with steak and guac, grilled onions and peppers, no crispy bowl, cheese or dressing, and use the green salsa as the dressing. http://www.moes.com/food/menu/salads/
    I looked this up, mmmm. I will have to try this one.

• ssjones999
    ssjones999 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Wendy's apple pecan salad minus the nuts.
  • mskinner1091
    mskinner1091 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    It's not really fast food but it doesn't take them 1-2 minutes to get it to you, Showmars salads without the shell. Or just one of their side salads. Very good.
  • PowerfulHunt
    PowerfulHunt Posts: 281 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I hardly ever eat out, but I traveled for work this month.. In the airport, I grabbed McDonald's Southwest Salad w/ grilled chicken. I sub'd the dressing that comes with it for Vinaigrette. It was actually really good; have to agree with ya there.
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    chik-fil-A's Grilled Market Salad. Pollo Loco's Grilled Chicken salad(use salsa as dressing), Subway's Double Grilled chicken salad. All way low cal without dressing and yummy.