Stomach Flap difficult when exercising

Options
Hello

I feel a bit of a fraud posting on here when i'm still so heavy i'm 16 stone 2lbs which i think is 226. i try to think in pounds but it hurts :wink:

I've decided that i really need to do some exercise rather than just diet. i've been doing some kettlebells etc and walking with my two doggies but i thought i could do jillian michael's 30 day shred that everyone rates so highly.

I started this morning but I have a problem - in 30ds there's a lot of highish impact cardio like jumping jacks and butt kicks.

the problem is i need a second bra but this one on my lower stomach. after an operation that gave me a cut like a caesarian, two largeish babies, and 11 years being apple shaped my stomach is in awful shape. when i'm trying to do these movements it's moving around more than my boobs are. i'm needing to hold it with one hand :s

is there anything you'd suggest to push it in and stop it moving whilst i exercise? it'll never go away i wouldn't imagine so even if i get down to 10st i'm still going to need something.

I'm a UK size 20-22 which in US lingo is 16-18. i carry all my weight on my bottom and stomach. my arms and legs are things of beauty!

thank you for any suggestions.

Replies

• teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I am not going to be much help in this department, all I can really give is a guess. I would say maybe a body shaper would work. I do not know if it has the same name in the UK, but it is an item some people wear to hold their extra weight in to make them look thinner or to give them more of a curve depending on their body. It kind of acts like a corset, but moves with you. I am guessing that a body shaper that covers your torso may help because it is meant to hold your body in place. Again, only a guess. They are basically like swimsuits (which (guessing again) may also help). But I would really suggest looking this up on youtube or doing a search online for products that claim to help with your issue. Good luck.
  • Wiseandcurious
    Wiseandcurious Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Body shapers tend to be a bit too restrictive for exercise, but there are sports clothes with a lot of lycra/spandex too, in NA they're called "compression shorts" sometimes. The name doesn't matter really - anything tight enough to keep the flap in place but not so tight it cuts off circulation while you exercise, will do the job.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Body shaper. Even the Danskin waist trimmer (not because it is a trimmer) but because it will and does hold you together tight.. It is cheap and works (my husband also uses it for his belly flab... don't laugh because it is distracting while exercising)...

Just check to make sure it does fit your current size, but it works small to really large..
    Hope something works out..
  • kikichewie
    kikichewie Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    How about some high waisted stretchy workout pants? Yoga pants? Tuck that jiggle in! Don't let this hold you back!
  • penelopepittstopsmam
    penelopepittstopsmam Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    http://www.lessbounce.com/clothing-shapewear/shock-absorber-ultimate-body-support-full-length-tights_ct549pd491.htm

Wow when you know the word compression the world of the internet opens right up before you! sometimes you've just got to know the word to google!

found the above which look cracking (apart from the obscene price) but they're not for fat people. XL is a size 16 or a US 12. i shall continue looking but thanks to all for their search terms!

the problem with waist trimmers is that this is lower than the waist but it might hold it down wards and give it less room to fly upwards. i shall look to see what i can get in my size. the uk isn't as set up for women of size as the US is.

my husband suggests stretchwrap for pallets........
  • mpeters1965
    mpeters1965 Posts: 370 Member
    Options

my husband suggests stretchwrap for pallets........

Husbands. Sigh. :smile:

Good luck! I think you are on the right track!
  • beachhouse758
    beachhouse758 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Look into athletic compression tops or even surfing rash guards (nit the neoprene type for cold weather surfing, the thinner type)
    Once you don't need as much support you can get a long workout top made with a spandex blend. But they don't offer huge support on their own.
    Hope this helps.