NSV- because sometimes you just need one...

Options
I was doing awesome with my new healthy habits for about 5 months. Then a couple of months ago, after vacation, I found it really hard to get back into the groove. I didn't gain any weight back, but I most certainly didn't lose any either.

Fast forward to Wednesday. I was walking back to my desk after lunch, and I ran into a lady whom I haven't seen since before I started losing weight. I said hi and went on my way, and she ran after me, apologizing because she didn't recognize me!!! She went on and on about how great I look, and asked how much weight I had lost. It felt great to get that kind of response, and it reminded me why I started this whole thing in the first place. Sometimes, you just need a gentle reminder to be awesome. Happy Friday everyone!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• phoo513
    phoo513 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • helengetshealthy
    helengetshealthy Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Yay! It's great when people notice your hard work is paying off :)
  • Shook765
    Shook765 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! I have gotten off track and haven't gained any, but the same...haven't lost either. I went to meet some girls from my old work for lunch today and they said, you look great! You've lost so much weight. I'm like nah..not really, but I guess since I seen them I have...I just don't feel that way because nothing has changed in a few months. My own fault. Getting back on track here now. Need to do this.
  • kizzyb1977
    kizzyb1977 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    That is an awesome reminder!! I can't wait to get that !
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    It's amazing how a little comment from someone can really make your day and motivate you. That's why I love MFP, lol - I just need a little boost like that.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!