What kind of workout should I be doing for my stomach/abs?

Options
2»

Replies

• AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Jennym93 wrote: »
    I'm focused more on cardio so mainly treadmill, I do squats, bicep curls and whatever else I might feel like doing I don't have a proper workout yet but it's really basic stuff since I've never used weights before and I can't lift too heavy for medical reasons
    I suppose I really aught to focus on finding a suitable workout for my whole body.

I completely agree, you aught too. Set a definitive goal and then commit to it. Then find a program that will help you get that done. If that program has barbell squats (especially front squats), deadlifts, and standing overhead press, you probably won’t need much extra work for the abs.
  • ethim
    ethim Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Pilates is great for focusing and engaging your core muscles.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I'm focused more on cardio so mainly treadmill, I do squats, bicep curls and whatever else I might feel like doing I don't have a proper workout yet but it's really basic stuff since I've never used weights before and I can't lift too heavy for medical reasons
    I suppose I really aught to focus on finding a suitable workout for my whole body.

I completely agree, you aught too. Set a definitive goal and then commit to it. Then find a program that will help you get that done. If that program has barbell squats (especially front squats), deadlifts, and standing overhead press, you probably won’t need much extra work for the abs.

In addition to the above loaded carries (suitcase carries) are great for the "core" as well as general conditioning and grip strength
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Packerjohn wrote: »

In addition to the above loaded carries (suitcase carries) are great for the "core" as well as general conditioning and grip strength

Aye! Especially if you have a dumbbell in just one hand to make you unstable! (Swap hands or you'll become lopsided. :dizzy_face: )