5'1 and 47lbs GONE! (Picture)

Options
So my journey started in January 2014, at 5'1 I ballooned to 220lbs, this was due to comfort eating and more depression that I had developed after suffering three miscarriages in a row.

All I would do is sit on my *kitten* eating high fat meals along with 500kcal deserts, guzzled down full fat pop and STILL be looking for more, on average I consumed well over 2,300kcal a DAY!

I knew I had to change my ways as soon as I couldn't walk up 14 steps in my house before gasping for air AND each time I laid down a roll of fat around my neck would slightly suffocate me to the point I could no longer sleep on my back.

I took my first steps to fitness January last year. I started off by taking small 20 minute walks with my dog and swapping the full fat meals with lower, less fat ready meals. It was difficult at first I tell you that!

I gradually upped my exercise over the next few months, from 20 minutes to 30, then 45 to 50 minutes at a time, four times a week. I have never once been to the gym, it has been all outdoors!

I am now currently doing on average 1.5hrs to 2hrs a day 5 times a week walking the mountains.

u99xz.jpg

I am documenting my weight loss journey on Instagram if you're interested,

@ kelly.gets.fit (I have the same profile picture as the picture posted here)

Replies

• sim156
    sim156 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good job!!
  • Reema_capricorn
    Reema_capricorn Posts: 1,032 Member
    Options
    you're stunning really!! awesome work!!
  • jujujellies
    jujujellies Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • ankleWED
    ankleWED Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your hard work and success. You look great girl! Keep up the good work. Also I am very sorry to hear of your precious losses through miscarriages. That is very difficult. I will remember you in my prayers for your continued strength . God bless you, with His peace that surpasses your understanding.
    Thanks for sharing your story. I am encouraged by it for I too am an emotional eater who had eaten to sooth my pain and grief. It is good to read the testimonials of good people who also went through some tough times but have made it to the other side of through.
  • LittleMissYoYo
    LittleMissYoYo Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Thanks all ^_^ xxx
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!! You've done so well and inspired everyone!
  • lesliewalker108
    lesliewalker108 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Thats so great! I lost about 12 and it was so hard , wanna give up sometimes, but cant go back to 214 and im only 5"2. Eating is not the hard part, its the working out when im so tired after work. But I will continue. 47 is a miracle keep it up
  • michelle_816
    michelle_816 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!!! Keep it up!
  • LittleMissYoYo
    Options
    Thanks all x
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Well done! You've come through a tough time lass.
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry about the miscarriages. I think you look gorgeous and are very inspirational... great job!! :)
  • LittleMissYoYo
    Options
    Thanks all x it means so much to me knowing I'm inspiring someone xx
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • Building_Bulk
    Building_Bulk Posts: 20,596 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Fantastic job!
  • LittleMissYoYo
    Options
    thanks again ^_^ xxx
  • goingforahundred
    goingforahundred Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • Bigumbum1
    Bigumbum1 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You are doing amazing and you look great! I am 5'2 and started at 227lbs, seeing your pics I am really looking forward to 47lbs gone!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!