New job- activity level?

Options
Hey guys! So, I just got a job as a hostess as a restaurant, therefore meaning I'm going to be on my feet for an extra 20 hours or so per week! I currently just have my activity level on Sedentary, then I add my exercise calories and eat back some of them. I had a question about whether I should raise my activity level, though. Should I raise it up to one of the next levels, or should I just add my hostess shifts as a leisurely walk in the cardio section?

Thanks for the help!

Replies

• Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    i'd up your activity to lightly active! You'd be surprised how much you can burn just standing instead of sitting- I used to wear a bodymedia fit and it always shocked me. Changing it to lightly active should be perfect.
  • whiteoutpen
    whiteoutpen Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Okay, thanks!

Also, is it okay to have it on lightly active even if it's not all 7 days? I'm assuming I'll probably work about 4 days per week. Should I eat less on the days I don't work, or will it all even out?
  • Colleen118
    Colleen118 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    My advice? Pretend like nothing has changed. While I understand you will be more active and on your feet an extra amount of time, the pace/activity level is still minimal. I would say it could be your buffer for inaccurate food/exercise calculations here on the site. I chose sedentary as well while I was working my part time job at Yankee Candle. Not unlike hostessing as far as typical daily duties. I changed my part time job to being a cocktail server, working about 15 -20 hours more than Yankee and much faster pace activity. I didn't change my stats. I figure the benefit will be the uncalculated extra burn. Plus, on nights I do actually have a beer after work (not very often), I don't worry about logging it.
  • whiteoutpen
    whiteoutpen Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I guess I'll have to try out both and see which works better for me! Thanks for the advice :)