Treadmill or Dreadmill?

Options
Should it be treadmill or dreadmill? What do you do to make your treadmill experience better? I watch videos as I run on the treadmill to help fade the mundaneness.

Replies

• jim180155
    jim180155 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    It's spring. It should be the deadmill for the next nine months. Go outside instead.
  • LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Dreadmill. I would prefer to be outside, but sometimes I am too much of a weather wimp. On those days, I wear my ipod and/or watch ESPN while running on the dreadmill.
  • MrKbailey
    MrKbailey Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    jim180155 wrote: »
    It's spring. It should be the deadmill for the next nine months. Go outside instead.

Lol...I do run outside and I prefer it, but sometimes the traffic, animals, or ideal location makes it inconvenient.
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I've come to a happy medium between tread and dread when it comes to the 'mill. I've found it's a great tool for controlled speedwork. I like to do either .25 per mile at ~.5-1 mph faster than the rest of the run OR I listen to my running playlist and go hard for the chorus of a song and easy on the verses. 3-5 miles fly by on the mill these days!
  • areallycoolstory
    areallycoolstory Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
  • MrKbailey
    edited March 2015
    Options

Dancemill?
  • areallycoolstory
    areallycoolstory Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I love this video:-) If you are working out on the treadmill at home...why not?
  • MrKbailey
    Options
    I love this video:-) If you are working out on the treadmill at home...why not?

If I try that, it would be a Deadmill...lol
  • troytroy11
    troytroy11 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    It is a valuable tool for me teaching muscle memory in relation to times. It is part of an entire routine so the frequency is only once or twice a week making it a tread and not dread. I listen to motivating music and the time flies.
  • DaneanP
    DaneanP Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I love my treadmill! It is much better for my joints than running outside (though I do when the weather permits). What I do to pass the time is listen to all of the music on my iPod in alphabetical order by album title. Yes, I know this sounds strange but I accepted a challenge on a progressive rock web board to listen to albums in their entirety (which nobody seems to do anymore). I started in September of 2013. I only do this during my workouts. I've just started the letter "I". Yes, I've still a long way to go. :)
  • jmichaelminton
    jmichaelminton Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I sorta prefer the treadmill than going outside to workout. It's kind of monotonous for me anyway, so I can at least just watch a video while working out.
  • justjack18
    justjack18 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Uhh it's so boring I refuse. I would rather walk outside in freezing temps.
  • MrKbailey
    Options
    justjack18 wrote: »
    So dreadmill it is you..lol.
  • justjack18
    justjack18 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    kbaileysr wrote: »
    justjack18 wrote: »
    So dreadmill it is you..lol.

Indeed!
  • bulk_n_cut
    bulk_n_cut Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    lift weights insteadmill
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    kbaileysr wrote: »
    What do you do to make your treadmill experience better?

Go outside and run in the real.

The only alternative would be putting the road bike on a turbo-trainer.

• Smallc10
    Smallc10 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    It's my warm up before I lift - I prefer to run outside but the treadmill certainly does its job well
  • Pandora_and_her_box
    Pandora_and_her_box Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I use my dreaded weekday gym sessions to do some interval training and a fat burner programme. I genuinely find 10 miles outside easier to run than 3 indoors. I need stimulation otherwise I just give up!
  • MrKbailey
    Options
    I use my dreaded weekday gym sessions to do some interval training and a fat burner programme. I genuinely find 10 miles outside easier to run than 3 indoors. I need stimulation otherwise I just give up!
    Treadmill + Watching Videos = - Dreadmill
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options

I would venture to guess if you walked this way in a public park you might get arrested, hah