Yawning while I......

Options
Workout... I'm not tired, but once I get started with my workout I start yawning :yawn: every so often. It happens no matter what kind of workout it is, I usually do some sort of cardio video and walk or use the elliptical. I eat around 1500 cals so I wouldn't think that I'm so drained of energy but I just keep yawning.... Why is this? Does this happen to anyone else? Am I a freak? :sad: Ahhh!!!!!

Replies

• Superchikanthem
    Superchikanthem Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    This happens to me when I sing. It's just my body needing more oxygen than I am letting it. So proper breathing is something I would suggest you look up.
  • Tiznonay
    Tiznonay Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Haha, I sometimes yawn while jogging, and I'm always like "wait.... really?" Exercising is supposed to give u energy and release endorphins. But I still yawn. Actually, just typing this made me yawn :yawn:
  • amberlynn2687
    Options
    This happens to me when I sing. It's just my body needing more oxygen than I am letting it. So proper breathing is something I would suggest you look up.

Thanks. I was wondering if it had something to do with the way I breathe. I'm new to the whole fitness thing as of January, before that I was pretty lazy oh and I smoked. It's been almost two years since I've smoked and that's where all my weight came from. I bet it's still going to take a while for my lungs to adjust. I smoked for almost 10 years :embarassed: So still I huff and puff while doing easy to moderate exercising...
  • sprintto50
    sprintto50 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    It is very likely your breathing. If I read aloud and don't consciously take deep breaths from the bottom of my chest, I will yawn.
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I get work out enduced asthma and it starts with that.