FREEZING!

Options
I have never been one of those women is always cold, who blasts a space heater under their desk in August. I'm usually the one wishing the AC was on in meeting rooms, and could never wear thick sweaters because I knew I would start roasting. Since I've lost weight, I'm always freezing!

No I haven't shed 100 lbs of insulating blubber, just under 20 lbs gone. I wake up in the night shivering, and could stand in the hot shower for an hour after I work out. Now that the weather is warmer, the AC is on everywhere, and I, for the first time ever, need a sweater wherever I go.

I cant' beleive just 20 lbs would do that. I have increased my cardio to every day, and I know I sweat more than I ever did, so you would think my internal temp regulator would be more efficient. Anyone experienced this?

Replies

• BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I can't remember how much you are eating and I haven't looked to be honest but I found when I wasn't eating enough or if I am hungry, I get cold pretty easy. I think it's your body slowing down to conserve energy.
  • zhvah18
    zhvah18 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I've noticed it. Now that I'm working on year #2 it's getting a little better, but I am definitly now one of those people who wear sweaters in the air conditioning because it is just to darn cold. And while I agree with the previous person to an extent about eating more to keep warm sort of idea, I eat, I can eat alot...and I'm still cold regardless.
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Interesting! I find that I am freezing ALL the time... i have a sweater on at work all the time... I thought I was going crazy!! I used to be the one telling my parents to turn their AC on if I go visit them in the summer because I am so hot... now I go there with a sweater on...
  • vjm7981
    vjm7981 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I experience this as well. I am a year and one month into this lifestyle change and have shed darn near 88 lbs of my "insulation" so I am almost always cold. I used to not even be able to sleep under the blankets in bed b/c I would get so darn hot. Now, I curl up under a sheet, down comforter and 1-2 Bed, Bath & Beyond Berkshire blankets. It's craziness. My husband used to always be the cold one b/c I would have to have it cool in the house. Not anymore! The roles have reversed and he's the same size as before... :laugh:
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    So glad it's not just me lol. Sun was blaring today, i had a cardigan and jacket on haha
  • akp4Him
    akp4Him Posts: 227
    Options
    I have the same problem. I've shed 90 pounds and now I'm always cold. I've heard that it is due to lost weight and will eventually go away. I've been waiting for half a year....and I'm still cold.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    Interesting. I've always been one of the freezing people, even when I was 85 lbs overweight.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    As I write this I have a blanket on my legs and wearing fingerless gloves. Even though the temp at my desk says 71F, I am freezing. I wish I could say this started after I lost weight, I have ALWAYS been like this. My AC at home is set at 80F
  • Nikachelle
    Nikachelle Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    You're definitely not the only one. 44 pounds down and I am FROZEN ALL THE TIME. And it's not like I'm undereating - I consistently eat between 1600 to 2000 calories a day and I'm still bloody cold!
  • ElizabethKalmbach
    ElizabethKalmbach Posts: 1,416 Member
    Options
    I am freezing when my metabolism slows down. To speed my metabolism up, I need thyroid medications and b12 shots. If I am freezing when other people are not, first I check my food to make sure I am fueling my metabolism. If I am, and I am still cold, I see a doctor. Could be you're deplete in one or more vitamins or hormones and your metabolism is slowing because of it. If your insurance covers a basic metabolic panel, it might not be a bad idea to get a blood draw to see what there is to be seen. Particularly if this is a sudden change for you.
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    This seems to happen to me when my calories/fat are too low. I have been freezing all day today because my calories were too low yesterday. Like you, I woke up shivering early this a.m. And then during my cardio workout at the pool, I got cold--and I never get cold working out at the pool. The water was even a bit warmer than it usually is. :frown:
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem now. I have gone from being the warm one to the always cold one. My husband wants me to go get my iron check, but I told him I think I am good on that or I would be tired too, Right? My other idea was maybe b/c my new muscles generate more heat when I work out maybe the ambient air feels cooler than it use to. Idk but I now too carry a sweater everywhere. Interested in seeing responses.