how is this only 644 calories

Options
2»

Replies

• CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Looks like a normal dinner for me! I love steamed potatoes, onions, peppers, a veggie side, a lean protein, a decent amount of seasoning and sometimes rice on the side in place of extra veg.

I make Home Fries, Peppers and Scrambled Eggs for breakfast a lot. Very hearty and filling, a full plate is usually 400 calories or less. Last night my dinner was 600 calories and I felt overfull, could have probably only made 2/3 that much and been fine. Had avacodo, chicken and bacon and a smores candy bar for dessert. I love cooking good food and often it's not as calorie-heavy as you might imagine.
  • Spurry05
    Spurry05 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    vixtris wrote: »
    Looks like a healthy meal to me. You want it to be more calories? Green beans are super low in calories which probably explains a bit there... so I am not surprised.

God no I don't want more calories I was just surprised with the amount of food on the plate for 649 calories look more like 8/900 on the plate
  • Spurry05
    Options
    Looks like a normal dinner for me!
    Cheers
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    that looks like 644 calories to me.
  • Katerina9408
    Katerina9408 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I'm a little confused, this is one mound of food yet it works out at 644 calories

How is this mound of food only 644 calories have I worked something out wrong ?

Chicken and pineapple

Garlic clove 4kcals
    300g raw chicken 330kcals
    Perrey deep south Creole marinade 30g 39kcals
    30g raw brown rice 111kcals
    100g pineapple 48kcals
    100g Onions 42kcals
    200g green beans 70kcals
    Few sprays of fry light

Total meal 644 calories

IMG_20150328_182019.jpg
    Maybe add the cal of the fat u are cooking with ?
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    vixtris wrote: »
    Looks like a healthy meal to me. You want it to be more calories? Green beans are super low in calories which probably explains a bit there... so I am not surprised.

God no I don't want more calories I was just surprised with the amount of food on the plate for 649 calories look more like 8/900 on the plate

Yeah, lean meat and especially veggies allow you to really fill up a plate.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    This is the picture one shows folks who say, "I'm on a diet and I'm starving to death." Welcome to healthy home cooking!
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    This is the picture one shows folks who say, "I'm on a diet and I'm starving to death." Welcome to healthy home cooking!

:drinker:
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i don't understand the question.............
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    The calories for the pineapple seem a bit low (I didn't look up the calories count)...other than that it looks pretty close. Looks like a great meal!
  • therealklane
    therealklane Posts: 2,172 Member
    Options
    Looks delicious. Enjoy :)
  • Spurry05
    Options

;):D
  • Spurry05
    Options
    The calories for the pineapple seem a bit low (I didn't look up the calories count)...other than that it looks pretty close. Looks like a great meal!

I used the App to find the count