Zumba and trying to gain weight!

Options
riffeycb
riffeycb Posts: 3 Member
Hey! I have been doing Zumba for a year now and my start out weight was 95-98 lbs. I'm 5'5 and my weight now is 103-105. My goal is to weigh 110-115.. I'm trying to start eating healthier instead of eating on the go all the time..

Replies

• tiffanyaiv
    tiffanyaiv Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Zumba is my favorite!!! I do a ton of it, but making sure we are hitting our gaining goals with calories is important!! Working on that as well
  • riffeycb
    riffeycb Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have an appointment with a personal trainer to show me some stuff to lift and work on next week :) I'm excited! I'm working on my intake of protein and eating more calories too!
  • terizius
    terizius Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are headed in the right direction then. The majority of women working to gain weight here will say to eat more and lift heavy :)
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I have an appointment with a personal trainer to show me some stuff to lift and work on next week :) I'm excited! I'm working on my intake of protein and eating more calories too!

Make sure your PT understands you are trying to gain weight and this means lifting heavy relative you your ability and a progressive resistance training program. Don't let them put you on a routine geared to weight loss or "toning".
  • vfit10
    vfit10 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Eat Cals over maintenance-- train with compounds lifts -- sleep like a baby - profit