Shakeology???

Replies

• lalonmeg000
    lalonmeg000 Posts: 276 Member
    Bump for summer's recipes! Thanks for sharing.

Also I did one round (bag) of shakeology. I liked it, and for me shakes are the best "grab and go" to avoid fast food. With that said it is really pricey and I personally didn't see much of a difference in weight loss or energy than when I use my whey protein blended with fresh fruits. Some days I even just added it to water when I was in a huge rush, something I can't do with just plain whey powder.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    I am considering shakeology Feedback please? How does it taste, any recommendations on flavor, also info on how to make it drinkable, what results have you seen?

I've only tried a few samples I was given. The non-vegan (whey) ones that I tried tasted good and were filling as far as shakes go (I added nothing other than soy milk). The vegan ones used brown rice protein powder which is very gritty. I did not care for those at all.

I only know 2 people that drink Shakeology regularly and both are extremely fit. One is a Beachbody coach, ACE certified PT, certified Insanity instructor, marathon runner and teaches children's gymnastics. The other is her husband and does Insanity / P90X hybrid regularly, runs and plays baseball (not professionally). So, I'm not sure their "fittness" can be solely attributed to the shakes. :wink:
  • milkdudds_55
    milkdudds_55 Posts: 1 Member
    Not a fan of shakeology due to the price & high amount of carbs.
    Instead I bought jay robbs whey protiens, & mixed it with freshly juiced veggies & fruits.
    My advice, save your money & find alternatives.

- Registered Nurse -
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Obviously it won't kill you if you decide to try it. However, it's not magic as some people want to make it appear. Most people have several variables change when they start with Shakeology. They start eating better, exercising, and drinking the shakes. Most likely better health would be attributed to the better food choices and exercise.

If you want to try it, go for it. Personally, I think there are cheaper alternatives with whey protein powders mixed with fruit, milk, greek yogurt, or whatever combination you enjoy.
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    I've tasted a couple. The only one I honestly liked was the results and recovery. The chocolate and the berry ones tasted very "grainy". Some argue that if it is made right the chocolate tastes like a Wendy's frosty - I don't see that happening. I don't get paid for this recommendation, but I buy my protein from proteinfactory.com. I can have them make any kind of blend or flavor of protein powder I desire!
  • KristinPowell87
    KristinPowell87 Posts: 6 Member
    Make your own shakes with fresh fruit
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    No.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Sorry but I have been drinking it for over 3 years along with eating clean. Haven't been sick in over 3 years as it is more than something for weight loss. My health is the most important thing for me and my family, My husbands cholesterol is down 90 points, my kids enjoy it. If you are a busy working mom like I am, the need for something fast and cheap. Yes it is cheap considering the alternative grab and go options it is well worth it.

Anna

I doubt the shake had ANYTHING to do with that. I am sure the eating clean did. SMH really??? I don't do Shakeology and I eat better and I don't get sick either. Don't mislead the poor girl.
  • OkieTink
    OkieTink Posts: 285 Member
    I will also say yes if you can find the 70 whole food ingredients it has and put it in a blender go for it!!! Little reminder of what is in it

whey protein (as isolate), cacao, pea protein, maca root (lepidium meyenii), yacon root (smallanthus sonchifolius), chia (salvia hispanica, seed), flax (linum usitatissimum, seed), quinoa (chenopodium quinoa, seed), coconut flower nectar, chlorella (chlorella sp., whole), spirulina (arthrospira platensis, arthrospira maxima, whole), acerola cherry (malpighia glabra, fruit), sacha inchi (plukenetia volubilis, seed), camu-camu (myrciaria dubia, bruit), pomegranate (punica granatum, fruit), astragalus root (astragalus membranaceus), bilberry (vaccinium sp., fruit), blueberry (vaccinium angustifolium, fruit), goji berry (lycium barbarum), spinach (spinacia oleracea, leaf), acai (euterpe oleracea, fruit), pea fiber (pisum spp., seed), MSM (methylsulfonylmethane), ashwaganda root (withania somnifera), cordyceps (cordycepssinensis, fungi), enzyme blend (protease, amylase, cellulase, llipase, papain, lactase, bromelain), maitake mushroom (grifola frondosa), reishi mushroom (ganoderma lucidum), amaranth (amaranthus hypochondriacus, seed), luo han guo (momoridca grosvenori swingle), himalayan salt, lactobacillus sporogenes (as bacillus coagulans), tulsi (holy basil) (ocimum sanctum, leaf), citrus bioflavonoids, green tea (camellia sinensis, leaf), grape seed (vitis vinifera), rose hips (rosa canina, fruit), schisandra (schisandra spp., fruit), cinnamon powder, apple pectin (malus pumila, fruit), barley grass (hordeum vulgare), ginkgo (ginkgo biloba, leaf), kamut grass (triticum turanicum), moringa (moringa oleifera, leaf), oaf grass (avena sativa), wheat grass (triticum aestivum). other ingredients: natural sweetner blend (non-gmo fructose, stevia), natural chocolate flavor, xanthan gum.

SMH. It just looks like a long list of expensive crap our bodies don't need...
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Came to see the beachbody reps. Was not disappointed. Carry on.
  • WhyFlowersExist
    WhyFlowersExist Posts: 78 Member
    Ill spare you anymore opinion, you clearly have enough, and offer you this instead......................................

Try it for yourself. Dont let others decide what you like. If you hate it make your own nutritional smoothie. If you love it, money well spent.
  • AmyJoShanks
    AmyJoShanks Posts: 40 Member
    I tried it, didn't find it worked for me and did not enjoy the flavour. Save your money :smile:
  • maegmez
    maegmez Posts: 341 Member
    I've lost 98 pounds in less than a year by counting calories, eating real food, and lots of exercise. I et fairly clean.

A shake isn't oing to make you healthier and a shake won't make you lose weight.
  • gigglybeth
    gigglybeth Posts: 365 Member
    Shakeology is so clean, you don't even need to rinse the blender out.
    Since I started drinking Shakeology, my stock portfolio has risen by 30%.
    One day I missed my Shakeology, and I got stuck on the interstate for several hours.

The only bad thing I've noticed about Shakeology is when I spill it in a graveyard, it raises the dead.

Now we know who to blame for zombies- SHAKEOLOGY!!!

*angrily shakes fist at the sky*
  • WhyFlowersExist
    I've lost 98 pounds in less than a year by counting calories, eating real food, and lots of exercise. I et fairly clean.

A shake isn't oing to make you healthier and a shake won't make you lose weight.

If it has Raspberry Ketones it will! ;p )( im sorry this is sarcasm i couldnt resist )(
  • WhyFlowersExist
    Shakeology is so clean, you don't even need to rinse the blender out.
    Since I started drinking Shakeology, my stock portfolio has risen by 30%.
    One day I missed my Shakeology, and I got stuck on the interstate for several hours.

The only bad thing I've noticed about Shakeology is when I spill it in a graveyard, it raises the dead.

Now we know who to blame for zombies- SHAKEOLOGY!!!

*angrily shakes fist at the sky*

So THATS where the movie World War Z came from.
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    OMG people! Just stop. Either you buy it or you don't. Either you like it or you don't. Just drop it! Oy! Happy Friday :)

Thank you JoBrandes

wow havent been on my fitness pal message boards in a long time and now I know why... you would think that people would be kind and want to help.. but I guess people are so untrustworthy and think the world is out to get them and take advantage of them.

the world is not out to get you or make a buck off you... really there are people out there that actually care no matter what you drink or eat.

sorry to hear that so many people are quick on the "dont listen to a bb coach they are out to sell you something"

guess that is where this whole message is lost in translation..

Enjoy your day!

The reason people feel this way is because as soon as you mention Insanity or Shakeology your emails get filled with salesmen trying to sell you some thing. It is annoying and pushy! Worse than Mary kay salesmen honestly.
  • greenmonstergirl
    greenmonstergirl Posts: 619 Member
    I love Shakeology, on my 3rd year of it, I buy it on Ebay and I don't sell it.
  • hammbone55
    hammbone55 Posts: 73
    I use the Body by Vi shakes, but only after my strength training workouts (like 2-3 times a week). I don't enjoy drinking my meals. I would prefer to chew my food. My sister lost a ton of weight on Herbalife, but gained it all back as soon as she stopped drinking them. Unless you can continue to drink them for the rest of your life then don't use shakes for meal replacements all the time. You need to make a lifestyle change and learn to eat the right foods at the right portions. Drinking shakes does not teach you this. Just my opinion. You'll need to look at cost and the pros and cons of getting into something like this. Not saying shakes are bad just that they are not really good to replace all your meals with. :) Good luck on finding what works for you.
  • ambernbarrier
    ambernbarrier Posts: 66 Member
    perhaps some background information is in order. I currently workout, I eat healthy. I am looking for something to give my current routine a boost. I feel as though the medicinal benefits are an awesome thought. I am curious to know what experience people have had with it, I am also wanting to find out if it has the benefits from a non coach. No offense coaches I value your insight as well I want to compile information through this and a research when I want a coaches input I will ask. This is to ensure I receive completely non biased information.