Squats! So proud!

Options
I have to share- I just did 125 for 5, 5, 3 for my squats! The most I'd done previously was 100, mostly out of fear of injury. But after 3 weeks doing starting strength and watching my form I'm hitting new heights. Whee!!!

Anyone else hitting new squat PRs?

Replies

• Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!!

Hopefully getting a chance to max test my squat in the next couple weeks. 120kg yesterday felt smooth and easy as singles.
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Great job! It sure feels awesome especially when you start with nothing to get to a number you thought back then so hard to reach. Keep it up.

None lately for me. I switched to NROLFW from SL, so the rep range increased and my numbers decreased but slowly moving up again. 2 sets of 15 at the start was way different than 5 sets of 5. I might try body weight just for fun on Monday since I'm in between stages in NROLFW. Highest on SL was 150 and I've gotten body weight to 163 so might be possible. Will wait and find out.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Congrats! A couple of weeks ago I hit 180 pounds for my one rep max, working sets at 140-150
  • hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!!

Hopefully getting a chance to max test my squat in the next couple weeks. 120kg yesterday felt smooth and easy as singles.

Very nice! Sounds like you're killing it- someday I hope to be in that range!
  • hypotrochoid
    Options
    broyoooo wrote: »
    Did 125 when 12.

.... ah aha ha You mad or nah?

When I was 12 I was told girls shouldn't lift. We had to do step aerobics while the boys played with heavy things. Now I'm 36 and quite proud of myself. So.... Nah. What are you at now? :)
  • anachronicles
    anachronicles Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I finally completed 5x5 at 155lbs on Thursday, I've been stuck at that weight for weeks! ready to try 160lbs today :)
  • hypotrochoid
    Options
    DawnEmbers wrote: »
    Great job! It sure feels awesome especially when you start with nothing to get to a number you thought back then so hard to reach. Keep it up.

None lately for me. I switched to NROLFW from SL, so the rep range increased and my numbers decreased but slowly moving up again. 2 sets of 15 at the start was way different than 5 sets of 5. I might try body weight just for fun on Monday since I'm in between stages in NROLFW. Highest on SL was 150 and I've gotten body weight to 163 so might be possible. Will wait and find out.

Program changes... Yeah. I'm sure it's totally possible. Keep it going! I liked NROLFW, but it got way too time consuming.
  • hypotrochoid
    Options
    I finally completed 5x5 at 155lbs on Thursday, I've been stuck at that weight for weeks! ready to try 160lbs today :)

Whee! Kill it!!! :smiley:
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    PR this week - Squat super set 90 to 135 pounds for a total of over 18,000 pounds! 7 months ago I could barely squat the bar alone.
  • dejaellison
    dejaellison Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congrats!

I've been doing 200 a day for 6 weeks... I know you're loving the results! Keep going!
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,302 Member
    Options
    Added 25# in only 3 weeks of lifting, man I miss those days of early-lifter-gains. It took me several months to add the last 25# to my squat, but I've been lifting over 5 years now so every pound of gain is precious.

Enjoy your accomplishment!
  • Sam_I_Am77
    Sam_I_Am77 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Options
    Congrats, that's great. Once you get your head out of your way, it gets a lot easier to make progress.