Share Your High Protein Vitamix Recipes!

Options
Who has great high-protein Vitamix recipes? Especially recipes that don't just rely on protein powder? Share them here! :D

I just got a vitamix and I'm looking for great recipes - will share mine too when I discover/invent them! :D

Replies

• heykatieben
    heykatieben Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin + egg white sorbet? Bacon sorbet? Egg white + veggie shake? Let's get creative!
  • 2daygirl
    2daygirl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm looking for ideas too, so thanks for posting this questinon. I'm adding Greek Nonfat yogurt to my smoothies, for added protein.
  • jblackjr
    jblackjr Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    What do you consider high protien? 10g, 20g, 30g?

I make a Banana Chocolate smoothie
    1 banana
    1 cup fat free milk
    2 tbs peanut butter
    2 tbs cocoa powder
    2 tbs honey
    1tsp vanilla
    salt to taste
    Ice

522 calories, 17.9g protein.

This is delicious but a little high in calroies/sugar.
  • rehughes22790
    rehughes22790 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just got a vitamixer and I LOVE it. A trick I learned is that with any smoothie you can add a hand full of spinach and you wont even be able to taste it! Super good for you. Also, sometimes when I know that I cant eat lunch until late in the day I make an "otameal smoothie." Basically I just make a regular smoothie--example: cup of milk, half an apple, half a cucumber and some spinach and while I am blending that, I throw some old fashioned oats and water in the microwave. When they are done I put that in the vitamixer and blend it really well. The oatmeal makes me stay full until late in the day! :)
  • bfl2010
    bfl2010 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Just got a Vitamix. LOVE it! I've decided to keep track of my recipes and progress.

Check it out
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/bfl2010

Note: this is my first attempt to "blog". Please pardon any errors and/or brevity.