Problem

Options
hello all,

I have a problem, I seem to reach my daily carb, fats and protein levels, but not my calorie intake.

Any help and advised on how I can meet this?

Also, do I have to meet my calorie in take - if so, then there is something definitely wrong, as i don't really feel I have changed my eat habits at all - besides the odd crisps or fizzy drink.

Any help or suggests would be appreciated.

Replies

• TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    If the sum of the calories from each don't add up to your calorie goal, then the levels are wrong.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I went back over two weeks, you have nothing logged.

Today looks like the first day you've logged, and you haven't met your carbs, fats or protein yet. So I'm really confused.
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    If the sum of the calories from each don't add up to your calorie goal, then the levels are wrong.

Common culprits are (1) alcohol, (2) database entries with incorrect calories or macro data, and (3) db entries of foods with "net carbs" where fiber is backed out of the carb total.

• Jaypatel_85
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I think I mastered it...i have reached my goal of between 1200-1500, but have slowly higher fat levels... Is that same with you guys?
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Cortelli wrote: »

Common culprits are (1) alcohol, (2) database entries with incorrect calories or macro data, and (3) db entries of foods with "net carbs" where fiber is backed out of the carb total.

Also, insoluble fiber isn't part of calorie calculations for some foods according to this, if I'm reading it correctly.

accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cdrh/cfdocs/cfcfr/cfrsearch.cfm?fr=101.9

I wish I knew how to post links that opened a new browser page. Sorry for that.

Regarding the insoluble fiber, I remember someone on here saying something about that once, and I've done the math before on my macros/total calories and they didn't add up. I've wondered about it ever since.

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I think I mastered it...i have reached my goal of between 1200-1500, but have slowly higher fat levels... Is that same with you guys?

For a male with only 5kg to lose, that's an extremely low amount. Set your goal to half a pound/.25kg a week.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »

For a male with only 5kg to lose, that's an extremely low amount. Set your goal to half a pound/.25kg a week.

I tried to just type the same thing and lost my reply.

Yes, what malibu just said. Definitely do that.

• Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Cortelli wrote: »

Also, insoluble fiber isn't part of calorie calculations for some foods according to this, if I'm reading it correctly.

accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cdrh/cfdocs/cfcfr/cfrsearch.cfm?fr=101.9

I wish I knew how to post links that opened a new browser page. Sorry for that.

Regarding the insoluble fiber, I remember someone on here saying something about that once, and I've done the math before on my macros/total calories and they didn't add up. I've wondered about it ever since.

Yeah - that's the "net carb" thing. Not sure about labeling regs, but some packaged foods definitely adjust cals for insoluble fibers that would appear as carbs normally (Quest bars for example). And some users do it themselves in db entries usually noting it as net carbs.