Difference between the recommended calories and the real income?

Options
Hello everyone!
I'm pretty new here, I joined MFP 3 days ago and I used the diary (I guess) in the best way.
I noticed that I can't reach the daily calories goal and I was wondering if this is going to be a problem on the long run.
The first 2 days I lacked about 400 calories and today 900 but the overall values are green, so is it all fine?
I know that it's not 100% accurate and I don't have a digital scale yet (yes yes, I'm going to buy it!) so I might simply not calculating my portions right.
I know that if I remove all the sweets I used to eat ( I don't gobble but if they are there, well...they won't last more than a couple of days) in the end my eating habits were never that bad as long as I had the right food at home, I'm just a lazy bum and I have to change this...I AM doing it o:)
I just want to be sure that I'm doing this right so I can start with the right foot and have a solid base where I can build up my new healthy life.
Saying that the calculations are not precise, but they are fairly near to the real numbers, is it ok if I go on like this as long as I don't make real fitness (running or squats for example)? For now I'm just walking at normal peace cause my right calf starts aching so fast ( oh my...even this, yes) that I don't feel like doing more, my goal is starting some light exercises next week and build up my strength from there.
I have to lose 100+ pounds, so you make your calculations there :s

Thanks for whoever would like to share his thoughts/advises and thank you for inspiring me!

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    You want to aim to hit the calories MFP gives you. A few low days here and there are fine, but if they become a regular thing they can cause some serious problems. Once you buy your scale, you'll have a greater understanding of what you're eating, so that calculation error will lessen.
  • mausbop
    mausbop Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Thank you Malibu! I'll try to make a menu list with different calories amount, maybe this will help me hit the daily goal.