Low carb diet!!!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I'm starting to cut out a lot of gluten out of my diet (not fully, but make some huge strides in eliminating A LOT of things). I have been feeling SO much better since then. I wouldn't consider it low carb though. I still eat carbs but they come from areas other than bread and pasta.
    I am looking for friends by the way to follow a gluten free diet.
  • danabpennington
    danabpennington Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    check out the documentary 'the perfect human diet' its on hulu not sure if its on netflix but its very imformative! i am starting a low carb tomorrow
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Eat the fattiest cuts of meat, buy a bunch of butter, bacon is your friend, and if you end up doing lchf, the first week will be the toughest if you have a weaker stomach.

Heavy whipping cream (36%) goes in the coffee in the morn, unless you like coconut oil. I personally dont.

Oh, and dont buy in to the uneducated/misinformed BS statements of "you can't eat bread on low carbs" or "wheat causes high LDL counts and heart disease." I eat a ton of butter, bacon, olives, eggs and peanut butter, donuts and I have perfect cholesterol and lipid panels. Pretty good for a guy 40+ lbs overweight (after losing about 20 lbs)

How are donuts, bread and wheat low carb?
  • toscarosina
    toscarosina Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My son does this and it works really well for him. It is restrictive but for carnivores it's magic. Between 30 - 40 carbs per day will see the weight fall off but be careful one small slip and you stop loosing for about 4 days, it's a very unforgiving diet.
    Good luck
  • xarian86
    xarian86 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi
    im new to the boards and new to the low carb diet. I started it on Monday have can safely say this is the best diet/way of eating i have done. I used to crave and stuff my face with chocolate after dinner and even worse around easter.

And i say i have not been craving it all. i have lost 3lbs since monday and i am definately not meeting my calories limit even tho i feel like im always eating.

At the mo i am doing 20-25g of carbs a day with moderate protein and, not necessarily high, but higher than protein in fat.
    I have had a few light headaches but they have just been dehydration and gone as soon as i went and drank a pint of water.

That is one thing you should do on this diet tho DRINK DRINK AND DRINK MORE WATER!!

In the first week it will flush out your system (as it is doing mine as i am breaking out in spots but that will pass as it cant be from sugar as i am consuming practically none.

I use a facebook group called LCHF UK to ask questions when i need it. They have been really helpful.

Good Luck :smiley:
  • Perry47
    Perry47 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have been on one since my oldest son was born in 1970.
    It works well for me because it includes all my favorite foods.
    I don't care for sweets or starches.
    Once a week I eat pizza for Family Pizza night, but find myself eating the toppings and hot wings more than anything else!!
    By the way, thanks for the LC link in MFP. I haven't read many Message Boards, but would like to read more.
  • Ameengyrl
    Ameengyrl Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Well you'll definitely lose weight... It's not hard to drop lbs pretty quickly on low carb. The problem is for most ppl it's too restrictive and not sustainable. It's a quick fix but after you have some pasta again, the weight comes flooding back.

Slow and steady wins the race!