Keto diet success or fails???

i'm looking into the keto diet for several different reasons. Please let me know if you've done it and your results... Good or bad, please.

Replies

• Just started I hit 350 and even though I have a lot of muscle I could not live with this after 4 weeks I'm down 24lbs 326 started running 1hr every other day I rather like it I have to admit I've never been fond of sweets so that wasn't hard to cut I'm finding that I feel better I also like what I'm limited to so it doesn't feel like I'm giving up anything I also have a lot of support also r/keto & r/ketorecipies is super helpful ketocalculator.com is where I'd start let you set up a plan you can enter into myfitnesspal good luck!
  • Anadeusz1987
    Anadeusz1987 Posts: 31 Member
    Best diet to lose fat very fast.but u need a lot of fiber and after 6 weeks I had horrible smell from my mouth so 6 weeks max.
  • tabithahayes2000
    tabithahayes2000 Posts: 17 Member
    Lol nice. That's your body def going into ketosis... Now what do you do as far as diet. Thanks for responding by the way.
  • detti777
    detti777 Posts: 24 Member
    kept usually works better for me, people who has glucose intolerance or sensitive they cope better with veto
    also you can carb up/have a cheat meal or day and you can still continue with keto
    also researchers showed that kept is good for epilepsy and also helps in cancer
    many people who can't hang on to this they can try paleo keto, where you eat moderate fruits
  • melbrandle
    melbrandle Posts: 1 Member
    I've been on keto since January 2nd and lost 33 pounds. my husband has been on it for almost a year and is down 85. At first even with the changes on the scale I didn't feel like I was making any progress. The clothes I bought the other day said otherwise though. So that's a positive thing.
  • GypsyHeather
    GypsyHeather Posts: 1 Member
    I've been doing Keto for about 3 weeks and I'm down 12lbs. It's definitely been a struggle, but that's because I've always been a fan of carbs. The thing about it is making sure you actually go into ketosis. I had heard awesome stories about how people drop 5-10 lbs the first week. I done it for a week and only lost 3. It made me question it a lot. I talked to a dietitian friend who told me I probably wasn't actually hitting ketosis. He recommended I do 2-3 protein days. The only carbs I had during that time period was in the eggs and cheese I ate. There are strips that you can buy at the pharmacy to pee on that tells you if you're actually in ketosis. I bought those and started testing. By day 2 of pure protein I had hit ketosis. From that point on it was pretty easy to drop the weight. I've learned by using the strips that I should only eat a max of 30 carbs a day. Any more and I get out of ketosis. Something else I've learned is that detti777 is correct in saying you can do a carb load day. I've read that the period should last from dinner on the night before your biggest workout and last for about 24 hours. I've had 1 carb load day and I followed it by a protein day. I never left ketosis. Good luck!
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    I've been doing Keto for about 3 weeks and I'm down 12lbs. It's definitely been a struggle, but that's because I've always been a fan of carbs. The thing about it is making sure you actually go into ketosis. I had heard awesome stories about how people drop 5-10 lbs the first week. I done it for a week and only lost 3. It made me question it a lot. I talked to a dietitian friend who told me I probably wasn't actually hitting ketosis. He recommended I do 2-3 protein days. The only carbs I had during that time period was in the eggs and cheese I ate. There are strips that you can buy at the pharmacy to pee on that tells you if you're actually in ketosis. I bought those and started testing. By day 2 of pure protein I had hit ketosis. From that point on it was pretty easy to drop the weight. I've learned by using the strips that I should only eat a max of 30 carbs a day. Any more and I get out of ketosis. Something else I've learned is that detti777 is correct in saying you can do a carb load day. I've read that the period should last from dinner on the night before your biggest workout and last for about 24 hours. I've had 1 carb load day and I followed it by a protein day. I never left ketosis. Good luck!

I'm no keto expert, so if someone is more knowledgeable and I am wrong please correct me, but my understanding is that even if the keto strips don't indicate that you are in ketosis, you might actually be. The sticks aren't sensitive enough to pick up lower levels of ketones.
  • tabixat
    tabixat Posts: 60 Member
    ayeeee we have the same name!! Tabitha's are a rare sort. Ketogenic diet has worked wonders for me in the past, I lost a lot of weight quickly and from the main trouble areas that I wanted it to be lost in. I'd definitely recommend. However, I will note that it will make you feel a bit dizzy, sometimes hyper, and that your breath will be funny
  • cassandrag93
    cassandrag93 Posts: 825 Member
    I'm currently trying to get into the ketosis stage. I am still learning about this specific diet, so feel free to add me and we can motivate and give each other tips! :)