Rewarding myself (Pics)

Options
jessjess210
jessjess210 Posts: 91 Member
Took some progress pics today after 8 weeks of Stronglifts 5x5. I was getting disappointed with the number on the scale til I saw these. I know I have a long way to go,but its nice to see some progress. There's only a 2 lb difference between the two. Decided to reward myself with some cute workout clothes and shoes. Til now I was wearing boring black yoga pants and t shirts. Can't wait to rock the bright blue and pink capris this coming week! Just a few months ago I would have rewarded myself with the unhealthiest meal I could think of...but no longer have a desire to binge

How do you all reward yourself?
q7wrp2hjd7nn.jpg
mud4oxxrm0ie.jpg

Replies

• MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Nice difference :-) Well done :-)
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! There is a huge difference there and its definitely worth a reward like that! Way to go!!
  • cranden
    cranden Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Well done.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Good work friend! I like to reward myself with workout clothes too!
  • crazygooselady
    crazygooselady Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    All muscle! Way to go!
  • beccabluee
    beccabluee Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wooo! You look great! (*) :D
  • jessjess210
    Options
    You guys are amazing! Thank you for the support :)
  • stevesgirl824
    stevesgirl824 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!
  • dragonfly256
    dragonfly256 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • michelle_816
    michelle_816 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Definitely a difference - and only 2 lbs? Great job!
  • SamTJones
    SamTJones Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Indeed, that looks as if you've lost more than 10 pounds! Congrats!
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Wow, you have a great waist!
  • jontucc
    jontucc Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Wow great job. I can see the difference in your tummy and hips.

I will be starting Strong lifts soon too. Can I ask how you have been finding it so far? I must admit I feel a bit nervous about the heavy weights. I bought a second hand bar and weights and can barely pick the bar up!
  • jessjess210
    Options
    jontucc wrote: »
    Wow great job. I can see the difference in your tummy and hips.

I will be starting Strong lifts soon too. Can I ask how you have been finding it so far? I must admit I feel a bit nervous about the heavy weights. I bought a second hand bar and weights and can barely pick the bar up!

Thanks! I happen to love it. I was not able to do any of the lifts with the bar. I started by using the fixed barbells in the gym. Since those only went up by 10 lbs, i bought some 5 lb ankle weights and wrapped them around the bar when I needed to go up in weight. Now that I'm using the actual bar and at higher weights, I found that it was better for me to go up 2.5 lb on all lifts, except deadlifts which I go up by 5. Bought some micro load plates on Amazon

• angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Nice! Id like to be at your before pic tho! Great change B)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!