RESTING calories in a hour PLEASE HELP

Options
Okay so when working out you are to subtract your resting calories. 60 (1 hour) x1.4=84 calories. Which is your resting calories CORRECT?

Well I have a fit bit One and i sat for the very first hour 12am-1am never getting up once. Just sat watching TV, my fit bit calories resting said it was 69 calories which of course would be resting as I did not move. So why am I using 1.4 x minutes for resting calories if my fit bit is giving me a different resting calories?

Anyone answer this please

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Swoopette wrote: »
    Okay so when working out you are to subtract your resting calories.

No, I just use MFP to tell me calories burnt
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Swoopette wrote: »
    Okay so when working out you are to subtract your resting calories. 60 (1 hour) x1.4=84 calories. Which is your resting calories CORRECT?

Well I have a fit bit One and i sat for the very first hour 12am-1am never getting up once. Just sat watching TV, my fit bit calories resting said it was 69 calories which of course would be resting as I did not move. So why am I using 1.4 x minutes for resting calories if my fit bit is giving me a different resting calories?

Anyone answer this please
    I don't understand why you need resting calories? And I'm pretty sure that the estimates you get from fitbit are extrapolated for the day aren't they?