Nike Running Shoes

Options
Hello all!

My husband is considering getting into running (I've been running for about a year), so I talked him into looking at some running shoes. I can NOT get him into a running store though. So...based on looking at the bottom of his shoes, compared to mine (I have been analyzed and on my second pair of Sauconys), his gate is similar to mine (Supinate into neutral).

Unfortunately he's really stuck on the Nike brand (because that's what he wore in HS 25 years ago for running...:huh: ) so I'm looking for recommendations on the most supportive Nike brand shoe. Please don't respond with recommendations of getting him analyzed...I get it. But he's stubborn. At this point I'm just thinking that any supportive shoe is better than the 5 year old pair of cross trainers he's currently sporting!

Thanks!!

Replies

• Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Bump. Anyone??
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Personally I've been running in Asics for years so I can't really comment too much on Nike's models but here's a link to Nike's on-line store with their men's neutral cushioning models.....

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pw/mens-neutral-running-shoes/7puZ9aiZbrkZ8yz
  • badbradclark
    badbradclark Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I love Nike Free and have been wearing them for years. My son runs Nike Zoom. Zoom are more traditional while the Free are more minimalist. Running web sites such as roadrunner sports offer info on which brands/models are for which running gait.
  • Runs4Wine
    Runs4Wine Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if there is a Men's equivalent, but I assume so. I run in the Zoom Structures. These are for stability.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    I swore by Air Max 360's, but after I found zig-tech by Reebok I kissed Nike goodbye.
  • beadalicious
    beadalicious Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I just started running 6 months ago and popped into a running store yesterday. I showed them the Nike's ive been running in and was informed they were shot and are just fashion shoes. No wonder my hip has been bothering me! They recommended a bunch of brands but said most NIkes are not really made for running. It's all just media hype and famous athletes promoting the brand that make people think they are something they are not. Sucks that I spent $110 on these shoes 2 months ago and now I have to go and find a new pair