so frustrated

Options
only lost 6 pounds for the last three months! weigh 134, height 5'4 I only drink water, avoid white carbs, eat my fruits and veggies, no dessert for past 2 months and calorie in take is 1200 and i exercise daily! why am I not losing more???????

Replies

• tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,363 Member
    Options
    If you are prepared to open your food diary, people can give specific advice to your situation.

While BMI isn't the best indicator of where weight is at for everyone, it is a general indicator and for you I see that you have a BMI of 23, this is already in the healthy weight range...so weight loss is likely to be slower and lower for you when compared to someone who is overweight.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    herrspoons wrote: »
    That's 0.5 pounds a week, which I reasonable.

You don't have much to lose, so weight loss us going to be slow.

Do you weigh your food with scales?
  • ugwux004
    ugwux004 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I do not weigh my food, maybe i should start doing that
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    With 14 pounds to lose, you're right on track. It takes some time to lose those final pounds.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    ugwux004 wrote: »

Without accurate weighing and logging of your food and fluids you have no idea how many calories you are consuming.
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    ugwux004 wrote: »

Then how do you know your intake is 1200?

HINT: It isn't.

• rushfive
    rushfive Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I am about the same as you... 5'3" 130. I started in feb at 138 on 1200 with some walking 4 days a week.
    It is very slow going. I think you are doing fine. My settings are for sedentary and 1/2pd loss a week.
    Hang in there... watch the calorie intake....and keep doing what you are doing. You will get there.