Weight loss stuck on 1200 cals

Options
I am 29, weigh 146lb (10st6) and am 5ft4. I had lost 9lb on a low cal diet of 1200 but am really struggling now.

My weight keeps on fluctuating 2lbs or so and I cannot get lower. I am really paying attention to my Carbs - 50%. Protein 30% and fat - low fat 20-30%. Exercise wise it's not brilliant, i try and do half an hour exercise with a DVD or il two hours of housework (on my feet the whole time). I have two kids aged 2.5 and 10 months. Any advise please??? My diary is open by the way xx

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Do you use scales to weigh your food?
  • adheela
    adheela Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Yeah I do, I have roughly 150g carbs, protein 70g fat 30g, I wonder if that's anything to do with it?
  • angelasrescuedog
    angelasrescuedog Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi Adheela. I'm the same 5.2. 53 yrs 10st 2 I've already lost 15llb and stuck on a plateau. Weight not moved for over a month. I have another 9lbs to go before I reach goal. But they are stubborn. I'm now going over what I eat again portion size. Exercise calorie intack. And hope to see some improvements soon. Im also trying to do more cardio. You have 2 small children so don't be too hard on yourself. It's not easy trying to lose weight and keep the kids amused. Good luck. I'm sure your weight will kick start again soon xx
  • jonnyman41
    jonnyman41 Posts: 1,032 Member
    Options
    Same happened to me too though I got stuck at around 147/149!. Now moving again after a long long time. I eat more than 1200 now (I think) though and I am following harcombe diet which is helping me.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    How long have you been stuck?
  • Fatimahasnain
    Fatimahasnain Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Increase ur water intake
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    I seem to get stuck on every "decade" (although so far, there have only been two). I hovered between 161 and 163 forever (two weeks at least), then finally hit 159.8. Then I seemed to have zoomed down to 151 or so. Hovered between 151 and 153 for another two or three weeks, then finally a couple of days ago hit 149.6, this morning 149.4. Dunno what it is, as my exercise level is pretty high and I do weigh everything and stay at or below my calorie goal. I blame it on the devil!
  • Jenskiski
    Jenskiski Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    The occasional stall is normal. I know it seems counterintuitive, but you might want to increase your calories by 200 a day and see if it gets things moving. It may rev up your metabolism just enough. I actually do better when I'm eating more than 1200 a day.
  • Sandcastles61
    Sandcastles61 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    adheela wrote: »
    Yeah I do, I have roughly 150g carbs, protein 70g fat 30g, I wonder if that's anything to do with it?

Hi~ I'm a shorty (5'), 1200 calorie range too, but I'm also older at 54 yo. What helped me was to change my macros from the MFP standard... My doctor has me shoot for 80~100 protein, 40~45 fats and the balance carbs with a focus on complex carbs like the leafy greens although I still have room for rice, potatoes, a little bread or pasta every day.. I think mine are set at 30% carbs, 35% fats, 35% protein. I'm down 20ish lbs since January and hoping for 0.5 or 1 when I weigh in tomorrow :) You might try mixing up your macros for a couple of weeks (not saying mine are the answer for you LOL) and see if you have any movement on the scales?? 50% carbs is just way too much for me, but as they say YMMV :D. Good luck! It's so frustrating to feel like you're working really hard and not seeing any movement....
  • krissyreminisce
    krissyreminisce Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I'm 28, 5'3.5" and on a 1200 calorie diet + exercise calories and I was kind of stuck for two weeks until I bought a new food scale (my old one was from walmart and would randomly shut off in the middle of weighing things :angry: ) and really tightened up on my weighing (not having a scale you hate helps, lol). I also upped my protein intake and lowered my fat (5% both ways). And today after my long run, I came home and dropped 4 pounds which put me at my goal!

I also think I might have hit a snag when I started the lofty goal of drinking around 200 oz of water a day. I don't always hit it, but it's done wonders. :disappointed_relieved:

Good luck, and I hope you can plow through it! Don't give up!
  • adheela
    adheela Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for ur advice everyone. I've been stuck at this weight for about 3.weeks. I am drinking 3litres of water so that's ok. I'm just thinking about next steps; I will continue to weigh food and portion control. I'm even thinking of increasing my cal intake for a couple of days to see if that helps.

If the above doesn't work then I will look at my macros and may adjust them too!

Many thanks xxx
  • Pale_Green
    Pale_Green Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I seem to get stuck on every "decade" (although so far, there have only been two). I hovered between 161 and 163 forever (two weeks at least), then finally hit 159.8. Then I seemed to have zoomed down to 151 or so. Hovered between 151 and 153 for another two or three weeks, then finally a couple of days ago hit 149.6, this morning 149.4. Dunno what it is, as my exercise level is pretty high and I do weigh everything and stay at or below my calorie goal. I blame it on the devil!

Sounds like me :P

• jetsman32
    jetsman32 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Have you tried changing your macros? Maybe getting your carbs down to 75 per day (or fewer) would help while increasing your fat intake. You might try 20% carbs, 25 % protein and 55% fat.