The fat was all in my head!

Turns out, I've wasted thousands of dollars on delivery diet food systems; weight loss and eating disorder books; and two nutritionists with their fancy calipers and lists of instructions. All I really needed to do all this time was make a commitment.

I figured out a few months ago (thanks to one of the nutritionists) that I don't actually have an eating disorder - I was just not eating during the work day, then gorging at night on any high calorie thing I could find.

That may have been what tipped me into the decision to lose weight. I am 100% resolved. I am 100% committed. The thing I've noticed here is that those who are, lose. Those who aren't yet at that commitment stage tend to wobble.

I'm astonished to discover: food is not a mood-altering drug. LIFE is a mood-altering drug! I had no idea this was all in my head! I'm SO GRATEFUL to everyone I've interacted with on MFP for helping me see this truth!

Replies

• Arduinna4
    Arduinna4 Posts: 129 Member
    Well said!
  • I agree... I feel like i am there. I hope! I tried to buy another pair of jeans yesterday as my old pair have seen better days and it was discouraging to see I went up a size and look at myself in the mirror.
  • That is so me !
  • CaliforniaRower
    CaliforniaRower Posts: 187 Member
    I agree... I feel like i am there. I hope! I tried to buy another pair of jeans yesterday as my old pair have seen better days and it was discouraging to see I went up a size and look at myself in the mirror.

Hi Spricker! That really is sad. But of course, you know different manufacturers size things differently, and jeans are always difficult to find - ones that fit and look cute. In my closet currently are 10-12s mostly (my "skinny clothes" are in a box, waiting for me!) but I bought a skirt that fits just perfectly last week and it is a size 14. (I'm in the US) Oddly, I bought a shirt that's a size medium to go with the skirt, when normally I wear a large. So I would say that really, only you know if you're losing or gaining. The manufacturer's numbers are just theories.