Hamburger tonight

Options
Sinnettfamily
Sinnettfamily Posts: 79 Member
Hello... I have a very busy night and I need to find a easy quick healthy dinner idea that include hamburger, since that is what hubby got out for dinner. Let me know if you have any ideas. THANKS

Replies

• Sinnettfamily
    Options
    Hello... I have a very busy night and I need to find a easy quick healthy dinner idea that include hamburger, since that is what hubby got out for dinner. Let me know if you have any ideas. THANKS
  • enkcott
    enkcott Posts: 29
    Options
    Cooking light has the best double cheese meatloaf recipe! It calls for a mixture of three meats but I always use just the hamburger! Everyone will love it! If you can't find it on the cooking light website let me know and I will grab the recipe for you!
  • enkcott
    enkcott Posts: 29
    Options
    I found it! Here it is!

Ingredients
    Cooking spray
    1 cup chopped onion
    6 tablespoons ketchup, divided
    2 tablespoons Dijon mustard, divided
    1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
    1/2 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
    1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
    2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
    1 teaspoon dried oregano
    1/4 teaspoon black pepper
    1 large egg, lightly beaten
    1/2 pound lean ground beef
    1/2 pound lean ground pork
    1/2 pound lean ground veal

Preparation
    Preheat oven to 375°.
    Place a medium nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add the chopped onion, and sauté for 3 minutes. Combine the onion, 1/4 cup ketchup, 1 tablespoon mustard, mozzarella, and next 6 ingredients (mozzarella through egg) in a large bowl. Crumble ground meats over cheese mixture; stir just until blended.

Pack mixture into an 8 x 4-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Combine 2 tablespoons ketchup and 1 tablespoon mustard; spread over top of loaf. Bake at 375° for 1 hour or until meat thermometer registers 160°. Let meat loaf stand in pan 10 minutes.

Remove meat loaf from pan, and cut into 12 slices.

Note: Substitute lean ground beef for the ground veal and pork, if desired.

Yield
    6 servings (serving size: 2 slices)

Nutritional Information
    CALORIES 329(38% from fat); FAT 13.9g (sat 5.6g,mono 5.3g,poly 1.2g); PROTEIN 33.8g; CHOLESTEROL 133mg; CALCIUM 196mg; SODIUM 801mg; FIBER 1g; IRON 2.4mg; CARBOHYDRATE 15.1g
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I just stopped cooking hamburger meat.

I went to the store and bought turkey burger patties, tofu patties, and other veggie patties. Tastes just as good and easy to make :)
  • Sinnettfamily
    Options
    I found it! Here it is!

Ingredients
    Cooking spray
    1 cup chopped onion
    6 tablespoons ketchup, divided
    2 tablespoons Dijon mustard, divided
    1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
    1/2 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
    1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
    2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
    1 teaspoon dried oregano
    1/4 teaspoon black pepper
    1 large egg, lightly beaten
    1/2 pound lean ground beef
    1/2 pound lean ground pork
    1/2 pound lean ground veal

Preparation
    Preheat oven to 375°.
    Place a medium nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add the chopped onion, and sauté for 3 minutes. Combine the onion, 1/4 cup ketchup, 1 tablespoon mustard, mozzarella, and next 6 ingredients (mozzarella through egg) in a large bowl. Crumble ground meats over cheese mixture; stir just until blended.

Pack mixture into an 8 x 4-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Combine 2 tablespoons ketchup and 1 tablespoon mustard; spread over top of loaf. Bake at 375° for 1 hour or until meat thermometer registers 160°. Let meat loaf stand in pan 10 minutes.

Remove meat loaf from pan, and cut into 12 slices.

Note: Substitute lean ground beef for the ground veal and pork, if desired.

Yield
    6 servings (serving size: 2 slices)

Nutritional Information
    CALORIES 329(38% from fat); FAT 13.9g (sat 5.6g,mono 5.3g,poly 1.2g); PROTEIN 33.8g; CHOLESTEROL 133mg; CALCIUM 196mg; SODIUM 801mg; FIBER 1g; IRON 2.4mg; CARBOHYDRATE 15.1g

Thats sound so good. Thank you!
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Our favorite is just a basic hamburger rice hotdish (I"m not sure on the cals, but it can't be too bad if you use light everything and drain the meat)

1 lb hamburger (browned with whatever seasoning you like)
    1/2 rice (brown if you have)
    1 can cream of chicken soup (I use 98%fat free)
    1 can chicken noodle

mix it together and cook it for about 1 hour. IT's good in the crock pot too, it just takes longer to cook.

If you want to thin it out a little, add some milk to it.
  • jcummings69
    jcummings69 Posts: 183
    Options
    Stuffed Green Peppers!

-4 Peppers (you can use more/less)
    -1 lb ground beef, chicken or turkey
    -1 onion, chopped
    -1 cup rice
    -1 can tomato sauce
    -hot sauce and cheese to taste (fat free not recommended)

Cook 1 cup of rice as directed on package. Boil peppers until soft. Meanwhile, brown beef with onion. Drain fat. Mix rice, beef mixture, 1/2 can tomato sauce, hot sauce, and cheese (pepper jack works great) in large bowl. Fill peppers with rice mixture and cover with remaining tomato sauce. Bake in oven set at 350 for 10-15 minutes.